Disney is not playing in 2019.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
On the flipside, Artemis Fowl is going to hyper bomb. Any live action movie that isn't Marvel, Star Wars, or a remake is box office poison for them it seems. But hey, they gotta lose somewhere, I suppose.

The movies they are releasing, I only really plan on seeing A4, Star Wars, and maybe Lion King. Zero interest in anything else.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Y'all nikkas smoking shyt if you think that any of these movies will easily cross the 2 billion dollar mark. Infinity War and Force Awakens with all the hype in the world barely passed it and Avatar STILL made 800 million more :mindblown:.

Y'all nikkas always ":damn: Its gonna pass Avatar" anytime a big film release, to beat Avatar you have to make Force Awakens money THEN Wonder Woman money on top of that :whew:

Of all the movies that have that potential its Lion King.

I completely understand what your saying about nothing being able to EASILY surpass 2 billi. But i think Lion King has the right amount of Nostalgia, hype, all star cast, and built in audience for both mellinials and new kids that it has the best chance...

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
List wreaks of desperation, imo. :manny:

Had no idea there's another Toy Story coming out. :what: I thought 3 ended it. shyt bouta be on some Dragonball Super retcon'ing. :heh:

Impossible for Will Smith to top Robin Williams. Movie needs to be a CGI-fest to come close to the flash-and-flair of the original.

Life after Avengers 4 is gonna be interesting. A lot of these movies get a crowd simply so we're in touch with the over-arching story. Who's seeing Captain Marvel if it had no tie-in with the culmination of a 10-year story? Certainly less that what it's about to do in March.

This is exactly why I don't think Aladdin will work as well as the 2-D version. Robin Williams was incredible as the Genie, and it was his unpredictable humor that made that movie work. Will Smith isn't funny or even comedic. He tries, but it comes off as annoying. Don't get me wrong...I like the guy, but he's absolutely wrong for this role. I hope I'm wrong, but the only person I could see following Robin Williams' performance is Jim Carrey.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Death taxes and Disney box office records

Disney Isn’t a Monster—It’s Just the Studio Best-Suited for Today’s Movie Climate
By Brandon Katz • 08/10/19 9:00am

science_thanos_mcdaven_ec255.jpg

How Disney managed to conquer Hollywood. Marvel Studios

In July, Disney broke its own 2016 worldwide box office record of $7.61 billion, and it did it with five months left in the year. As October’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, November’s Frozen II and December’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker all thunder into theaters, the Mouse stands to threaten the unheard of $10 billion mark when all is said and done. But you don’t need a refresher in Disney’s box office dominance. You’re well aware of the studio’s tortoise and the hare lead in Hollywood’s franchise wars. But as is only human, success breeds haters. Disney’s epic stretch of victories over the last decade contrasted with the film industry’s continued struggles against the advancement of streaming has convinced some audiences that Disney is the enemy of cinema.

In reality, we are to blame. Disney isn’t a monster, it’s just the studio best-suited to survive today’s movie marketplace—an ecosystem we shaped ourselves

Disney Isn’t a Monster—It’s Just the Studio Best-Suited for Today’s Movie Climate