Discussion: Gremlins (1984) / Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I liked the Hardee's meals with the storybooks. GOAT film

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
1984 in general was :wow:

Beverly Hills Cop
Ghostbusters
Gremlins
The Terminator
Police Academy
Another solid entry in the Indiana Jones franchise and the best Friday the 13th movie in the franchise since the original.
Romancing the Stone
Footloose
The Karate Kid

A fun year at the movies.
Holy shyt those were all the same year? I'm lucky to like 1 or 2 modern day movies a year. Was 84 the best year for movies that decade?
1984 in film - Wikipedia

I forgot A Nightmare on Elm Street, Sixteen Candles, Purple Rain, and Red Dawn too.
This more than likely is the reason why so many movies (especially marvel films) have all these references & writing style from the 80’s.

I also didnt know all those movies came out in the same year. I’m fukking speechless.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This more than likely is the reason why so many movies (especially marvel films) have all these references & writing style from the 80’s.

I also didnt know all those movies came out in the same year. I’m fukking speechless.
A lot of people say 84 was the best year of the 80's, and usually at some point in the convo someone will bring up the big list of films that were released that year. It makes a good case.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
When I was a kid I would always rent Grwmlins 2 just to see the scene where Gizmo gets his John Rambo on. I don't know why I didn't know wtf a Rambo was :pachaha: I used to fukk up so many paperclips and rubberbands try to make a mini bow:mjlol:

I watched Gremlins and then saw that Deadmeat video. I like the behind the scenes stuff they put in their videos. I also didn't notice the one cop in Gremlins is Mike from Breaking Bad. I also didn't notice until now that the delivery boy in Gremlins 2 is Tuco.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Just finished watching Gremlins off the strength of this thread.
I forgot how blood thirsty Stripe was. Shot Billy with that crossbow then came at him with the chainsaw. lol dude was definitely bout that action.

Them somehow stringing up the dog when they were still mogwi was hilarious.

Stripe’s skin bubbling off at that end had to be a bit much for kids to see but I don’t remember that bothering me as a youngin

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin

I never knew that Brain Gremlin attacked the author of the Gremlins 2 novelization and took it over for a few pages around the same time the movie theater was taken over. :dead: Learn something new every day. Oh, and here's that fan film that Joe Dante tried to get into the Gremlins 2 Blu ray release that's mentioned in this video. All of those films that they take over are Warner Brothers films, with the lone exception of Indiana Jones (Paramount/and now Disney, I guess.)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
The disrespect that Gremlins gets when it comes to Christmas movies is shameful. :scust: There are more Christmas related themes in Gremlins than It's a Wonderful Life, which a lot of people consider to be the greatest Christmas movie ever, for some reason. Show some respect and call it what it is - a Christmas movie.