Discussing racism with non blacks

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

I prefer NOT to discuss racism with non-Blacks unless they are for justice for Blacks. Had a brief discussion w/ one of my Samoan union sistern today. Her kids are half Black and she has been net banging against other non-Blacks on her social media platform. Me and her real good w/ each other..

Other than that, there is an unspoken "understanding" w/ some of my white friends that race, politics is an off limits discussion. I prefer to keep it that way!!

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I personally couldn't be in a friend group where I'm the only black person. Our conversations would have to be so trivial in order for that to work that I would just lose interest and/or develop closer friendships with people who better understand me.
:mjlol:

End up taking about Jagermeister, bong hits, hiking and surf boards or whatever it is they talk about ...

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Indians are going hard on black people all across social media

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Indians are going hard on black people all across social media
I can’t take them seriously

giphy.gif

Why do we even want their support?

---

Superstar
Daps
Don't do it a total waste of time! Put that effort in building your self and your community with what your community needs.

---

Superstar
Daps
OP this is the last place to come ask that question. Most people here either lack friends period or dont deal with other races but swear they're experts. As someone with a diverse network and group of friends, it's our job as a black person to explain your struggles and the shyt that you go thru so they understand. Dont come here for advice on shyt like that...this the type of place that'll call u a c00n for having a diverse group of friends.

Shut up! Sick of you I am better than you types but haven did shyt in your life types. I guarantee you have never lived in or learned a language of another country, don't be talking down to anyone here.

Ask your so-called diverse group of friends if you got choked for 8 minutes and died what kind of actions would they take to make sure the culprits got brought to justice I bet you lose that "diverse" bunch of friends, but I bet this you too scared to even ask them!

Nar-el

Pro
Daps
:russ: word son that's the favorite go-to right there

so i hit them with, "but what about the more extensive & pervasive global history of white on black crime? let's talk about that first & THEN discuss Chicago ok?

i body cacs, especially white hoes, for fun b. good practice for any non-black is to debate with black feminists. they are one in the same, all white supremacists

Yup. I do the same more or less.

Daps
A lot of folks in this thread are saying white people don’t understand. I no longer have that belief. I believe they DO understand, but it’s not in their personal best interest to change anything, so they play dumb. They also hate the idea of us telling them what to do and say, because they feel it’s their place to lecture us about life, and how we should feel, and what is and isn’t offensive, and how we should react.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
A lot of folks in this thread are saying white people don’t understand. I no longer have that belief. I believe they DO understand, but it’s not in their personal best interest to change anything, so they play dumb. They also hate the idea of us telling them what to do and say, because they feel it’s their place to lecture us about life, and how we should feel, and what is and isn’t offensive, and how we should react.

this is big facts slime. of course ofays know about racism, MORE than we actually know which is scary, but they play dumb on purpose. so any discussion that i have with them is to crush, maim, hurt feelings, and sow my royal oats no mango.. it isn't in any way some sort of plea for them mayosapiens to empathize or understand me. basically i use it as an opportunity to let it fly and shyt on them

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't really hang with people with no social awareness. I talk about this shyt irl. To anyone. And right now most of them are talking to people in their own communities who don't know about these issues or are racist themselves.

don't call anyone a friend unless you have properly vetted them.