Discussing racism with non blacks

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Non.verbal.communication.

giphy.gif

People pick and choose when to understand silent cues and when to ignore them.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
I'm the only African American within this friend group.
I’m always suspicious of any black person who is the token friend in a group. That is always a conscious decision and says a lot about you.:mjpls:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I dont like wasting my time so i dont do it

they think its only a 1 time instance type of thing, and not that this entire country has racism in every piece of it operation

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I stick with sports or everyday living bullshyt .. nothing else outside of that

they have no clue

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Typical CAC deflections:

“I’m a redhead/ginger and I face discrimination too, you don’t see me complain about it.”

“I’ve never seen this racism you’ve spoken of, therefor it can’t exist from my white privileged position.”

“Why can’t black people let go? Slavery was over 400 years ago. My parents came from [insert European country] in the 1900s with no help or hand outs and made it, why can’t you?”

“It’s crazy, black people can complain about racism but I’m not allowed to even say the n-word. How can you even say that’s equality?”

“Why do black people get upset when I tell them they look like Obama? I get compared to other white people all the time.”

It's the same talking points everytime:hubie:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I avoid the discussion with American CACs who aren't liberal / progressives...like in 2020 if I'm having a discussion about the basics with you and you're an American cac, you're probably too far gone.

European CACs tend to show humility. So while they may not fully understand or understand the history - they're more likely to listen without the constant deflection and whataboutism and minimization of the history.

I've had a really binary experience w/ Latinos (excluding Cubans)...either they get enough of it and are down & really good allies actually or they're completely on some cactino shyt feeling empowered to talk as experts on blackness because they're brown. I've managed to build a pretty good circle of the former.

I've known some pretty down Asians who know what they don't know

South Asians - never really met any who are really woke vs. 2 above groups, but if they fukk with you on a personal level, they'll listen. They get colorism and have a good reference for the caste system, but oddly enough this can make them more :manny: about racism like it's something to be taken for granted.

Liberals aren't our friends either. Never been our friends. Ask them why they can't give us leadership roles in these companies

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What's going on everyone, first and foremost rest in heaven to George Floyd and thoughts and prayers to his family. As a black man who has dealt with these inequalities since elementary school, this shyt needs to change I'm tired of watching this shyt on TV and having to protest for my basic rights. That being said I got a diverse group of friends that I acquired in college and I'm the only African American within this friend group. Someone within this group wanted to have a Zoom discussion about the death of George Floyd and the initial protest that followed. I've never really disused racism with this group, I'm wondering how people here talk to non blacks about race and inequalities?
Think about it. With all the knowledge of black history white people Have. They have always been aware of slavery, lynchings, and Jim Crow at the least. They have heard of Michael Brown , Sandra Bland , Rodney King. Whoever. They know black deaths by the hands of the system is nothing new.

So now all of a sudden they want to say we need to talk about race and shyt. They say this all the time, and play stupid whenever a new black person is murdered by the police. It’s no point bruh. If they don’t get it by now..over 500 years of racism including enslavement and genocide). they never truly will. It shows despite their liberalism, they do not value your life in the same way they say they do

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
OP this is the last place to come ask that question. Most people here either lack friends period or dont deal with other races but swear they're experts. As someone with a diverse network and group of friends its ur job as a black person to explain your struggles and the shyt that you go thru so they understand. Dont come here for advice on shyt like that...this the type of place that'll call u a c00n for having a diverse group of friends.

Smh...this is bad advice. You really don’t know white Americans.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you choose to do this do t go in with high expectations though once in awhile you may be surprised. But 98% of the time the best you’ll get is people agreeing with you then nothing changed yet.