Discussing racism with non blacks

Daps
OP this is the last place to come ask that question. Most people here either lack friends period or dont deal with other races but swear they're experts. As someone with a diverse network and group of friends its ur job as a black person to explain your struggles and the shyt that you go thru so they understand. Dont come here for advice on shyt like that...this the type of place that'll call u a c00n for having a diverse group of friends.

Most of us had a diverse group of friends, and our white friends revealed themselves to be racist, which is how we know how the conversation will go.

Daps
OP this is the last place to come ask that question. Most people here either lack friends period or dont deal with other races but swear they're experts. As someone with a diverse network and group of friends its ur job as a black person to explain your struggles and the shyt that you go thru so they understand. Dont come here for advice on shyt like that...this the type of place that'll call u a c00n for having a diverse group of friends.
:mjpls:
we don't have to educate anyone on shyt
did we create racism and white supremacy?
you either with us or against us ain't no obtuse in betweens

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
White people arent emotionally intelligent enough to have the conversations. They end up saying the same shyt about not seeing color and they treat everyone the same. If it’s a white woman she will start to cry like a 5 year old bc she’s learned her tears are enough to stifle any real meaningful dialogue. If it’s a white man he’ll “dude/bro what are you talking about that was a long time ago” you into oblivion. It’s not worth it to do on a one by one basis. They need mass therapy televised every Friday evening on basic cable but even then they’d protest it even though they could just change the channel.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
The reality is I grew up in a city with 2% blacks, I went to a college that had 3% blacks. I can't do anything about that, mind you I grew up in one of the largest cities in California and went to college in second largest city in the US. This is the problem with attending a PWI. Within the group there is about 16 people 4 are White, 6 are Asian, 3 Hispanics, 1 Indian, and 1 is biracial black person.
:dahell:

Breh u on like your 8th level of prestiege when it comes to dealing with cacs and other races, why u on here asking for advice when u been dealing with these clowns your whole life?

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Non-blacks rarely want to have a real discussion on racism. They can talk about surface level stuff but if you begin digging through the layers and really get to the root of the problem, they'll quickly bow out and start with the BS talking points. Don't waste your time.
^^This!

They get to juelzing and talking about how they pulled themselves up by the bootstraps and how Black folks should do the same.

Most really are not trying to have an indepth conversation especially when you start highlighting ways they are possibly complicit themselves to a degree and how their White privilege protects and even benefits them in situations.

Most cannot see past their social circle, neighborhood, and parroting talking points they saw on some conservative TV network, water cooler talk, or some meme.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It will potentially be a waste of time like everyone else said but I fully suggest that you do it because this is the best way to determine if these people are worth having as your friends. Be thoughtful about it and maybe find some articles for them to read that explain your feelings too.

If they hear where you’re coming from and show a sincere interest in learning more then cool. If they push back and minimize your POV then you dead it right there and save yourself some hard feelings down the road.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Two points.

A. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but I’ve accepted that most white people will go home right after you speak (about anything) to them and call you all manner of n——er with their families.:mjpls: Then they will come back the next day play like it’s cool. We are only really playing a game with ourselves when we say we have white friends. At best, we have temporary alliances with these people.

Ask them about reparations, Nat turner, Jean-Jacques Dessalines, or colonization and they pivot instantaneously. :wow:I realized this when one of my “ friends” slipped up and made a some slick comment about the KKK after Charlottesville. :francis: While in the process of explaining to my white “friend” that the KKK is no better than the terrorists in MiddleEast for black people, I realized I was wasting my time. Creh only conceded because he got tired of my “explanations” and wanted to change the subject.:stopitslime:

B. Talking to a white person about race is pointless to me, because it asks them to re-evaluate (or confront) the systems that benefit them at the cost of shting on the world . In they minds they all think they started from zero.
OP, would you ever turn down or badmouth a system that makes you a king from dayOne?:usure: I imagine that it’s the equivalent of entering a ZOOM chat to badmouth each others mothers:manny:.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Ask them if they would want to be black. Be serious and get a serious answer and find out why it’s no, cause it’s always no if they’re being real. And for the exact same reason why they would not want to be black is racism still a problem.