Discovery + Tho...

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Joanne Gaines is Korean and German/Lebanese

daemonova

Daps
Kris & Kendall Jenner Strap Into Some Heavy Machinery for Surprise Backyard Makeover
“Kris Jenner is not someone who shies away from a challenge,” HGTV star Drew Scott says of the momager, who appears with daughters Kendall and Kim on a new episode of his and twin brother Jonathan's show, Celebrity IOU

HANNAH CHUBB
June 17, 2021 11:27 AM.

The Kardashian-Jenner family is always full of surprises - and they're ready to shock fans again with their latest talent: home renovation!

Kris Jenner, 65, and two of her daughters, Kendall Jenner, 25, and Kim Kardashian, 40, appear alongside Drew and Jonathan Scott as Celebrity IOU returns to TV, working with the handy twins to create a new outdoor space for Kris's best friend of more than 40 years, Lisa, who recently lost both her husband and mother.

PEOPLE got an exclusive first look at the heartwarming episode - which premieres Monday, June 21 on HGTV and Discovery+ - in the clip above, in which Kris and Kendall strap on some safety glasses and start wielding power tools.

"All right, let 'er rip!" Jonathan exclaims before letting Kendall take her first-ever try at operating an excavator, which the supermodel admits "was really fun" - if a little bumpy

After seeing her daughter get down and dirty, Kris became motivated to get hands-on as well, telling Kendall, "Okay, let me show you how this is done."

"Kris Jenner is not someone who shies away from a challenge," Drew says of the famous momager as she takes a jackhammer to the old patio in Lisa's backyard. "This ugly eyesore of a concrete slab has no chance against this mother-daughter duo," Drew continues.

Later, Kris admits that using the jackhammer was her favorite part of the day, joking, "You can really get a lot of frustration out!"

The episode is an emotional one as the group surprises Lisa, who Kris says is like an aunt to her kids, with the backyard makeover. Lisa recently renovated her Southern California home but ran out of money and time to dedicate to her dilapidated backyard after her many losses over the past year.

With the help of Drew and Jonathan, Kris, Kendall and Kim turn the neglected outdoor space into a spa-like oasis, complete with olive trees, a top-of-the-line outdoor kitchen, a new lounge space with a fireplace and a large pool surrounded by comfortable furniture
"I feel like I've been given a gift, because I was able to do this for Lisa," Kris said in a press release. "She gets to start making new memories and have a fresh start."

The season 2 premiere of Celebrity IOU aired back in December, and the series debuted last April.

The HGTV program gives celebrities a chance to show their gratitude for someone who helped shape their life or career by giving their living space a complete redesign, courtesy of the Scott twins.
A number of A-list stars participated in Season 1, including Brad Pitt, Viola Davis and Melissa McCarthy. The first part of the second season also featured actors Justin Hartley, Allison Janney and Rainn Wilson in addition to Jonathan's girlfriend Zooey Deschanel.

Upcoming Season 2 episodes will feature LeAnn Rimes, Darren Criss, Kevin Hart, Ali Wong, Josh Groban and Howie Mandel.

Season 2 of Celebrity IOU returns on HGTV June 21 at 9PM ET/PT, and will begin streaming on Discovery+ the same day.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Smart move imo. Bundle all the information, documentary, exploring channels into one package for the low.

I see Disney eventually buying some of these other channels up (Hulu, ESPN, FOX,etc).

Paramount+ needs to buy BET+ and Peacock.

daemonova

Daps
Smart move imo. Bundle all the information, documentary, exploring channels into one package for the low.

I see Disney eventually buying some of these other channels up (Hulu, ESPN, FOX,etc).

Discovery essentially ( in so many words) bought Warner Brothers (DC comics, HBO, New Line Cinema) from AT & T. I don't know why Bet+ is still separate but Peacock is NBC/universal studios/Xfinity and can't be bought

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Discovery essentially ( in so many words) bought Warner Brothers (DC comics, HBO, New Line Cinema) from AT & T. I don't know why Bet+ is still separate but Peacock is NBC/universal studios/Comcast and can't be bought
I don't get why don't HBOMAX and discovery+ merge for like 9.99 a month. That would take over cable and streaming as a whole.

daemonova

Daps
I don't get why don't HBOMAX and discovery+ merge for like 9.99 a month. That would take over cable and streaming as a whole.
First of all, the ad version of HBO max is 9.99, take the Hulu/Disney/ ESPN bundle is 13.99. that would be the starting price for HBO, Discovery, and eventually CNN.

That is your starting price. Secondly, mergers don't happen overnight, it could be a year+ before we as a consumer see anything from it. Disney bought Fox two years ago and we still have no idea when the X-Men or Fantastic Four are going to show up.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Discovery essentially ( in so many words) bought Warner Brothers (DC comics, HBO, New Line Cinema) from AT & T. I don't know why Bet+ is still separate but Peacock is NBC/universal studios/Xfinity and can't be bought

Wait, they did???????

edit: jeez. So they spun off their Media Properties to join with Discovery on a new company where AT&T would still own most of the company while Discovery would own like a 3rd of it.

So an HBO Max/Discovery+ package is gonna be on the way in a year or 2.

:ehh:

daemonova

Daps
Atlanta’s Taylor Carroll on Food Network’s ‘BBQ Brawl’
P2WDK246JZELLKMBZUQHK5JTHE.jpeg

Caption

Credit: Dawn Hoffmann

RADIO & TV TALK BLOG
By Rodney Ho, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
June 14, 2021

Atlanta barbecue pitmaster Taylor Shulman Carroll is taking on 11 other grill experts on the second season of Food Network’s “BBQ Brawl.”

This year, they will be split into three teams led by Bobby Flay, Michael Symon and newbie Eddie Jackson. The show returns on Food Network at 9 p.m. Monday, June 14, and is available on demand on Discovery+. It was taped at Star Hill Ranch in Austin, Texas.

Here is a capsule profile of Carroll:

Residence: Cumming

Jobs: Private chef work with celebrity clients and marketing for meat and grilling brands. She is also a pastry chef.

Barbecue roots: Her dad bought her a Big Green Egg at the tender age of ten.

Her style: “I’m a technique fanatic. I started a barbecue notebook as a child. I’d write what I was making and experiment. I’d cook something at a particular temperature for a particular length of time.” On the show, she said she is adventurous and “Southern at heart.” During the first challenge, she tells the judges: “We bring the heat in my kitchen.”

Her relative youth in the competition: “I almost felt like it gave me an advantage. When you’ve been in the industry forever, you get very set in your ways. I’m open to try different things and not follow the rules.”

Signature look: Her big curly hair. “In the backyard, it’s always a million degrees and it’s at least 20 degrees warmer under my curls.” But she said if she cut her hair, “I’d look like Shirley Temple. The running joke is anybody can find me at a barbecue because of my hair.”

Signature dish: “I do a smoked wood grain pasta.”

Previous reality show experience: Lost “Guys’ Grocery Games.” “I tried to be too cheffy,” she said. “I tried to cook like I was at home.”

Down the road: She has teamed up with another female contestant, Erica Blaire, on the show to compete in barbecue contests.

WHERE TO WATCH
“BBQ Brawl.” Debuts 9 p.m. Monday, June 14, on Food Network, also available for Discovery+ subscribers

daemonova

Daps
Atlanta’s Taylor Carroll on Food Network’s ‘BBQ Brawl’
P2WDK246JZELLKMBZUQHK5JTHE.jpeg

Caption

Credit: Dawn Hoffmann

RADIO & TV TALK BLOG
By Rodney Ho, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
June 14, 2021

Atlanta barbecue pitmaster Taylor Shulman Carroll is taking on 11 other grill experts on the second season of Food Network’s “BBQ Brawl.”

This year, they will be split into three teams led by Bobby Flay, Michael Symon and newbie Eddie Jackson. The show returns on Food Network at 9 p.m. Monday, June 14, and is available on demand on Discovery+. It was taped at Star Hill Ranch in Austin, Texas.

Here is a capsule profile of Carroll:

Residence: Cumming

Jobs: Private chef work with celebrity clients and marketing for meat and grilling brands. She is also a pastry chef.

Barbecue roots: Her dad bought her a Big Green Egg at the tender age of ten.

Her style: “I’m a technique fanatic. I started a barbecue notebook as a child. I’d write what I was making and experiment. I’d cook something at a particular temperature for a particular length of time.” On the show, she said she is adventurous and “Southern at heart.” During the first challenge, she tells the judges: “We bring the heat in my kitchen.”

Her relative youth in the competition: “I almost felt like it gave me an advantage. When you’ve been in the industry forever, you get very set in your ways. I’m open to try different things and not follow the rules.”

Signature look: Her big curly hair. “In the backyard, it’s always a million degrees and it’s at least 20 degrees warmer under my curls.” But she said if she cut her hair, “I’d look like Shirley Temple. The running joke is anybody can find me at a barbecue because of my hair.”

Signature dish: “I do a smoked wood grain pasta.”

Previous reality show experience: Lost “Guys’ Grocery Games.” “I tried to be too cheffy,” she said. “I tried to cook like I was at home.”

Down the road: She has teamed up with another female contestant, Erica Blaire, on the show to compete in barbecue contests.

WHERE TO WATCH
“BBQ Brawl.” Debuts 9 p.m. Monday, June 14, on Food Network, also available for Discovery+ subscribers
Home girl did spicy fried chicken at a BBQ contest:gucci:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This shyt is like my secret pleasure. My mom is paying for it. Otherwise I would have said fukk it. Because even watching it I'm like most of this shyt should just be on TV. A whole Sunday airing Love it or List it, and they could just air most of this stuff instead. But as long as I'm not paying for it I'm going to enjoy it.

daemonova

Daps

Report: Comcast Considering Merger With ViacomCBS To Create Mega-Streamer :smugbiden: good call

| JUNE 23, 2021 | BY: ANTHONY PASCALE
comcastviacom-head.jpg

Following speculation by industry analysts, a new report indicates that media giant Comcast is considering making a bid for ViacomCBS to shore up its streaming strategy. While at the same time, ViacomCBS is making some internal moves to prioritize streaming at Paramount+, home of the Star Trek Universe on TV.

Comcast CEO looking at ViacomCBS in bid to become streaming giant
Comcast may be the third-largest media company in the world (trailing Netflix and Disney), but the 2020 launch of Peacock has failed to put it into the big leagues in terms of streaming. Today, the Wall Street Journal reports that CEO Brian Roberts wants to change that and is considering a number of options, including mergers and acquisitions. According to WSJ sources, Roberts is considering bids for Roku and ViacomCBS as possibilities. The stocks of all three companies jumped today due to the report.

As we reported last month, media analysts see more big deals coming following the AT&T deal to merge Warner Media with Discovery and Amazon’s acquisition of MGM. Bringing ViacomCBS and its Paramount+ service into Comcast “would make Comcast a contender for the No. 3 spot in the streaming industry, behind Netflix and Disney,” according to Bloomberg Intelligence analysts.

In addition to bringing together Peacock and Paramount+, a merger would also potentially combine Universal Pictures and Paramount Pictures, with all the entities having more resources available. These kinds of moves would likely have an impact on the Star Trek franchise both on Paramount+ and in terms of theatrical releases. Although any deal bringing ViacomCBS into the same entity as NBCUniversal would create regulatory challenges and likely require some assets to be spun off.

For now, it’s just speculation, but Wall Street is taking it seriously. While the re-merger of Viacom and CBS did bring some more scale, the company is still dwarfed by the likes of Comcast. With the market clearly indicating bigger is better when it comes to media companies and streaming, even if nothing happens with Comcast, it’s likely some kind of deal is in ViacomCBS’ future

Last edited:

daemonova

Daps
Shark Week has been a long-running tradition on Discovery, and this year it kicks off its 33rd season on Sunday, July 11, and continues through Sunday, July 18. This year will also feature more content during the week-long event than ever before with 45 hours of Shark programming. And this year, Discovery+ joins the with all shows airing on Discovery also available on the new streaming service. Discovery+ will also be getting some exclusive shark content that week.

The shark stars of SHARK WEEK will be joined by celebrity co-stars throughout the week including Tiffany Haddish, Brad Paisley, JB Smoove, William Shatner, Eli Roth, the cast of Jackass, Noah Schnapp, Robert Irwin, Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Dr. Sandra Lee, Josh Gates, Snoop Dogg, Mark Rober, Chris Rose, David Dobrik and Kinga Philipps.

SW_2021_16x9_Schedule_final-1024x769.png