“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Thank god they didn't make a knee jerk move if Lauri, Mitchell, Siakim, and OG are all gonna available at the trade deadline...maybe Zion too.
if OG is the target they are going to have to do it through cap space like Brunson.

Zion should be da target
Am i only one that feels like Brunson and mitchell wouldn't work in da backcourt?
Our defense is already terrible with grimes lol

Also da raptors aint doing no business with us. We are suing them lol
I think Zion should be the target too. It’s a season plus from now but Randle and Brunson are both going to want maxes and the Knicks should not do what the Celtics did by keeping both.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Zion should be da target
Am i only one that feels like Brunson and mitchell wouldn't work in da backcourt?

Whether the Raptors deal with us or not, it's good for the market that more quality players are available. The more teams selling, the more spread out competition for each piece gets.

I've got concerns about a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt's defense, but part of that is Thibs' scheme (short guys are way less effective closing out in this drop scheme). Mitchell's contract is up sooner too, so he's got way more leverage to force a trade to his preferred destinations. Teams aren't giving up what the Cavs did to rent a guy for a season and a half.

Zion and Lauri are probably the best options on the market for this current roster for sure. I'm just not sure about their price. Danny Ainge would rather lose assets for nothing than trade them for fair value. He's usually rewarded for waiting. With Zion, I think his value to owners as a marketable star is what makes him hard to acquire.

Then throw in that there's a few teams trying to dump decent players; and I think we're gonna have a buyer's trade market. Charlotte, Washington, and Chicago are gonna be selling too.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mitchell isn't a perfect fit but I don't know who is. Truth be told, Brunson and Randle is an awkward core to build around.
i think we should consider trading brunson as well :yeshrug:

i see a very good player who has great moments but has a clear ceiling because of his size. But because of the situation they probably wont

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Zion should be da target

You’re leaning extremely heavy into offense at that point. With Mitchell, we would still need an absolutely stud defender at the 3 though.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Whether the Raptors deal with us or not, it's good for the market that more quality players are available. The more teams selling, the more spread out competition for each piece gets.

I've got concerns about a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt's defense, but part of that is Thibs' scheme (short guys are way less effective closing out in this drop scheme). Mitchell's contract is up sooner too, so he's got way more leverage to force a trade to his preferred destinations. Teams aren't giving up what the Cavs did to rent a guy for a season and a half.

Zion and Lauri are probably the best options on the market for this current roster for sure. I'm just not sure about their price. Danny Ainge would rather lose assets for nothing than trade them for fair value. He's usually rewarded for waiting. With Zion, I think his value to owners as a marketable star is what makes him hard to acquire.

Then throw in that there's a few teams trying to dump decent players; and I think we're gonna have a buyer's trade market. Charlotte, Washington, and Chicago are gonna be selling too.
The marketing around him is way more than he deserves.