“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
We definitely should look into getting more help. Do you guys know that Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle have scored or assisted on 67 percent of every 633 baskets the Knicks have scored this season.

Jalen Brunson (35.4 percent)
Julius Randle (31.7 percent).

^^^ No way this is sustainable or normal

Barrett is third at 16 percent

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zion is gonna cost to much. Team Gonna be left with brunson, grimes, and zion.

They don’t need to deplete their entire roster for a superstar, there could be a star available that will cost much less and help this team take the next step.
they're not planning on blowing it up and they've been there, done that with Randle.
Ok but people want to move for D Mitch who's not nearly as good and creates redundancies? You have picks, use them.

Zion will immediately play 82 games if he's here imo.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Ok but people want to move for D Mitch who's not nearly as good and creates redundancies? You have picks, use them.

Zion will immediately play 82 games if he's here imo.
I think there’s only one poster who loves mitch here. I believe majority of us, especially me, want the knicks to stay away mitch.

Even though mitch would cost less, he’s not worth it, he would stunt brunsons play. Brunson already has to share the ball with one selfish player, imagine 2.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think there’s only one poster who loves mitch here. I believe majority of us, especially me, want the knicks to stay away mitch.

Even though mitch would cost less, he’s not worth it, he would stunt brunsons play. Brunson already has to share the ball with one selfish player, imagine 2.

I wouldn't mind D-Mitch, but I'm hoping Cleveland stays middle of the pack longer and Mitchell leaving remains a foregone conclusion, so that the price really craters on him. The Bojan Bogdanovic rumor doesn't seem like a seamless fit without a second move, so my dream scenario would be something where Bojan is a second move after a first bigger move for a star-wing. The problem is the star wing isn't really clear to me for this to work (or the landing spot for Randle, for that matter).

Here's an interesting nugget that makes me think the Knicks will be really interesting at the trade deadline, if the draft were today, New York would have:
Pick 18 (their own)
Pick 22 (Dallas)
Pick 31 (Detroit)
Pick 38 ( Utah)

That's a lot of top-40 picks to offer in a package before even getting into future picks.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I wouldn't mind D-Mitch, but I'm hoping Cleveland stays middle of the pack longer and Mitchell leaving remains a foregone conclusion, so that the price really craters on him. The Bojan Bogdanovic rumor doesn't seem like a seamless fit without a second move, so my dream scenario would be something where Bojan is a second move after a first bigger move for a star-wing. The problem is the star wing isn't really clear to me for this to work (or the landing spot for Randle, for that matter).

Here's an interesting nugget that makes me think the Knicks will be really interesting at the trade deadline, if the draft were today, New York would have:
Pick 18 (their own)
Pick 22 (Dallas)
Pick 31 (Detroit)
Pick 38 ( Utah)

That's a lot of top-40 picks to offer in a package before even getting into future picks.
Give me your most ideal trade scenario for mitch?

Both the knicks and cavs perspective. Because you’re not getting mitch for grimes/IQ and picks.

And even for the cheap, im afraid mitch will ruin brunson like he did garland.