“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good post, but two things:
We won’t be seeing that many big wings that can kill is that come off the bench. And second, i doubt we see a “full bench” lineup. With the amount of minutes in expect Donte and Hart to get, we’ll be seeing alot of mix and match lineups with the starters and bench players. You can easily see this type of rotation:
JB —> JB —> CP —> JB
MB —> DV —> DV —> MB
OG —> MB —> JH —> OG
JR —> JH —> OG —> JR
MR —> PA—> JR —> MR
I'm mainly referring to Big 4's that will muscle and wear Hart down. Plenty of those out there. Also DDV is 6'4. The Oubre's of the world will cook him. I know we can and will mix and match. IMO we'll get the best Hart and DDV playing them at their natural positions.

But sure. It's feasible. I just feel we need insurance for the 5 to really contend. Knicks fans get too cuddly with our drafted players and God forbid they actually have a useful skill! Dudes be ready to crown him as the Next. This is young Deuce's ceiling. He will not get better than this! Cash em out now, and maybe bring em back down the line D.Rose / Alec Burks style! :mjgrin:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Interesting that he thinks OKC is a better contender than us.
Please, he would have stayed but how do you say no to $30 mil?

He just can’t say that so he’s saying bullshyt

He said they were competitive, the tweet just characterized them as a contender (which they kinda are). I feel like the entire point of Hartenstein's quote was that he wouldn't have taken this deal if it was Detroit offering it for example. But to go to a team that is in pretty much the same standing as the one you're leaving, for almost double the money is something he couldn't pass up.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All three rookies look like they could use minutes and reps in the G-league...

Kolek is probably ready, but I wouldn't mind him taking trips to the G-League to work on some things. He gets his feet in the paint whenever he wants and sees the entire floor. He anticipates where defenders will go and manipulates that to open up teammates. But he could afford to be more greedy, especially when Duane Washington is forcing offense against double-teams. I'd also like to see him keep his dribble through the paint sometimes. I'm confident all that will come sooner or later, but if it takes some G-league, "be the man" games like McBride got, then so be it.

You can definitely see the vision with Dadiet, but he's gonna take time. There's a good IQ, some genuine skill, and interesting mobility for his size. But he played a step slow offensively, and the game only speeds up in preseason and then the regular season. I think he'd benefit from minutes and reps more than anything.

Hokpurti hasn't done enough to separate himself from stock bigs. He looks strong, and I like his motor. But improving his footwork could hopefully unlock some real potential. There are flashes of more explosiveness (like when he blocked Clowney on a dunk attempt), but it's few and far between. Time and reps will help him acclimate.

Rokas...not good. But I'll throw him some credit in that I'd rather watch him in the backcourt with Kolek than Duane Washington.

Washington's scored well, I guess. But he's taken 30 shots and turned the ball over 8 times with just 1 assist in the two games. His shooting often comes at the expense of everyone else's offensive flow.

Skapintsev has played well...G-league keeper well.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Arguing about deuce minutes is funny. If we’re relying on deuce minutes to win a championship we’re probably behind the 8 ball. a back up big with the capability to start a couple dozen games is way way way more important to what we do than deuce minute's.
Deuce would clock literally 12 minutes max if we’re healthy…
I like deuce but if he gotta go for a quality big he gotta go.
Teams in the league don’t value small off guards that can’t initiate very well.
I love his strides in improvement but if he stands in the way to getting a real big in here??? :mjlol: sorry

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
He said they were competitive, the tweet just characterized them as a contender (which they kinda are). I feel like the entire point of Hartenstein's quote was that he wouldn't have taken this deal if it was Detroit offering it for example. But to go to a team that is in pretty much the same standing as the one you're leaving, for almost double the money is something he couldn't pass up.
Even "kinda are" is selling it short. OKCs a #1 seed with a top 5 player and the only change to that roster was swapping out a pedo who was benched in the playoffs for Caruso & iHart. 2nd best title odds after Boston on every book is no mistake.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting that he thinks OKC is a better contender than us.
i mean to be fair, OKC was a first seed in ds west last year and that was before they added him and Caruso. All he's really saying is he wasn't going to a shyt team for money. OKC is a team equal or better den us that could provide way more money

Last edited: