“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Dolan is Silver's boss. He needs to handle business when Silver's next contract comes around.

If you don't like the splits you can also sell. Cash out like Cuban and enjoy the guitar
silver made all them motherfukkers rich. This feels more petty & personal. Like he just don’t fukk with Silver

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
silver made all them motherfukkers rich. This feels more petty & personal. Like he just don’t fukk with Silver
Actually I read the letter and god help me Dolan has a point. his Argument is:

1) the league is charging exorbitant fees of a few Billion dollars and it hasn’t explained why it deserves that
2) the TV model directly competes with MSG (it does), and any other team that owns their own station or has local deals
3) by giving away all these TV rights teams can’t then go and find their own sponsorship deals. Similar to how Dolan makes a lot of money due to his connection to Chase/CAA that host concerts through his venues and now essentially runs the team
4) Then add in the revenue splitting and all the teams making the same cut means shytty owners who don’t spend earn the same as the rest,
5) The guaranteed income of the deal incentives the sales of teams since buyers know what their returns will be for the next decade.

The motherfukker has a argument :jbhmm:

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I do not want to see McBride go.

That contract is absolutely top tier that we have him on. The more he improves, the better of an asset he is - whether that be for a midseason trade or as a solidified part of our anticipated playoff rotation.

We are in a very good spot, brehs.

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deuce is my guy. I love how he stepped up last season. But thank you for your service young man! We need a back up or starting caliber 5 and you can get us that. I also really do not wanna see Josh Hart playing backup 4 full time. DDV playing the 3? That lineup would be food for rangy 6'7+ players. We ran that type shyt outta necessity in the playoffs and you can all recall it didn't end well.

The Knicks can keep fronting like they view Deuce as an off ball guard, but if he was better at managing the game, there is no Cam Payne signing. We struggled to get into offense with Brunson off the floor. Kolek is a rookie and they not gonna rely on him and Deuce. I think McBride is outta here but I think they gonna drag this shyt out just to play with my emotions and have me thinking we going into the season with Mitch and Jericho manning the middle :francis:

And not for nothin...Cam Payne is a good pick up. Just the type of PG we need in the 2nd unit. Way back when Phil Jack was still "running" things (into the MFin ground!) and I knew we had no shot at D.Lo or KAT, I wanted him to flip the #4 for 2 picks so we could get Payne and Cauley-Stein. :mjgrin::wow:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I do not want to see McBride go.

That contract is absolutely top tier that we have him on. The more he improves, the better of an asset he is - whether that be for a midseason trad or as a solidified part of our anticipated playoff rotation.

We are in a very good spot, brehs.
Going to be harder to trade him as guys start extending though. Once we reach the aprons, we’re limited on taking any salary in or combining salaries for another player so we’d essentially only be able to trade Deuce for a player who makes equal or less money.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Deuce is my guy. I love how he stepped up last season. But thank you for your service young man! We need a back up or starting caliber 5 and you can get us that. I also really do not wanna see Josh Hart playing backup 4 full time. DDV playing the 3? That lineup would be food for rangy 6'7+ players. We ran that type shyt outta necessity in the playoffs and you can all recall it didn't end well.

The Knicks can keep fronting like they view Deuce as an off ball guard, but if he was better at managing the game, there is no Cam Payne signing. We struggled to get into offense with Brunson off the floor. Kolek is a rookie and they not gonna rely on him and Deuce. I think McBride is outta here but I think they gonna drag this shyt out just to play with my emotions and have me thinking we going into the season with Mitch and Jericho manning the middle :francis:

And not for nothin...Cam Payne is a good pick up. Just the type of PG we need in the 2nd unit. Way back when Phil Jack was still "running" things (into the MFin ground!) and I knew we had no shot at D.Lo or KAT, I wanted him to flip the #4 for 2 picks so we could get Payne and Cauley-Stein. :mjgrin::wow:
Good post, but two things:
We won’t be seeing that many big wings that can kill is that come off the bench. And second, i doubt we see a “full bench” lineup. With the amount of minutes in expect Donte and Hart to get, we’ll be seeing alot of mix and match lineups with the starters and bench players. You can easily see this type of rotation:
JB —> JB —> CP —> JB
MB —> DV —> DV —> MB
OG —> MB —> JH —> OG
JR —> JH —> OG —> JR
MR —> PA—> JR —> MR