“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Julius just came off his first all star season no way Leon would have threatened to trade Julius (especially with Dolan in his corner). Leon most likely sold Julius on getting another star like Donovan or Zach Lavine and told him this was the only way. Fortunately for us the superstar was Brunson and not Zach Lavine.

I think the same applies to Brunson. Leon told him we can get Bridges and be an instant contender and in three years you get the super max
We’re saying the same thing. “We can’t give you the max and compete. You’ll just be the same team you had during the Covid season for the rest of your career. You can leave us and get paid elsewhere. But anybody that can and would pay you is in a worse situation than we are. Take this slight paycut and watch what we can do with this organization in the best city in the world.”

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's crazy how well-known those gift baskets were. I guess maybe the contract structure part for Jeter was that the Yanks knew exactly what they were paying him for a decade. But I was curious about that reference too...I remember him being one of the highest paid guys for a while, and other star player fans hating on the contract.
Bro those gift baskets are legend. I told a chick from Cali I was talking to jeter was my favorite player and she went on a rant about him and those gift baskets. She never watched him played, wasn't a fan of the sport, but got offended and triggered by the gift basket story.
Julius can only sign for 4/179.
lowkey that isn't trash what is that $45 mil a year. That actually is what he deserves looking at his stats and accomplishments. Plus he would be the highest paid player again. I could see him extending

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Jeter never took less money. Those gift baskets had to come from somewhere and it wasn't the heart.
never liked jeter.
its crazy cuz people are talking like he would be guaranteed that bigger contract in a year.

injuries happen, fall offs happen. hes not a physical specimen like Lebron. hes a second rounder who blew expectations away at his second team.

im happy hes signed obviously, i am elated but this idea that the 5 year max will be there "next year" is silly. this is a slam dunk 150 for a few years and if hes still a great player he will get more with a higher salary cap.

win-win for him and the knicks.

some times both teams can win a trade. this contract is a win for him and the knicks.
said this in the other thread. happy for brunson and the knicks :blessed:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Josh wildin' :dead:

giphy.gif