“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think Julius is down but I don't think he extends like this. It would be better for both sides if he shows he still has it this season and gets more than OG but not something stupid for a similarly long contract.

Bridges idk. I think he extends.
Jalen set the precedent for sure. It’s going to be hard to argue your worth more than him. But yea, I can see Julius asking for 5/215 or something. I’d be fine with that.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jeter never took less money. Those gift baskets had to come from somewhere and it wasn't the heart.
It's crazy how well-known those gift baskets were. I guess maybe the contract structure part for Jeter was that the Yanks knew exactly what they were paying him for a decade. But I was curious about that reference too...I remember him being one of the highest paid guys for a while, and other star player fans hating on the contract.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
For Julius, it was probably some hard truths. You can either stay and build something in the city your family loves, or go to Detroit and be irrelevant.

Leon is basically family to Jalen so I’m sure the sell is well take care of you everywhere else. We’re gonna see Jalen in all types of goofy commercials and tv roles… watch.
Julius just came off his first all star season no way Leon would have threatened to trade Julius (especially with Dolan in his corner). Leon most likely sold Julius on getting another star like Donovan or Zach Lavine and told him this was the only way. Fortunately for us the superstar was Brunson and not Zach Lavine.

I think the same applies to Brunson. Leon told him we can get Bridges and be an instant contender and in three years you get the super max