R-619872-1403276992-4522.jpeg.jpg

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
DONUTS ORIGINAL
3997e2c10cb13bdbd3738208d2b062bf.jpg

I posted this on here before and I'm sure some of yall already have but I'ma just post it again.

Quote from Egon
"The other thing that I have and I've been kind of batting around the idea of how to do it. I have the version of Donuts that he gave me in the hospital. He turned in two CDs to me when the album was completed. One, I turned into our mastering engineer and one, I kept. And I forgot until very far after the fact that the version of the album that he turned in was very different than what came out. Different sequences, different edits of the beats, different transitions. It was a very short record, it was very jarring. He put it together exactly as he would put together a beat tape and he gave zero direction after the fact. So Jeff Jank, who was Stones Throw's art director at the time, was like, "I think I should go in and edit this." I was working on the record with Dilla in the hospital and very cautious of angering him because he could be a very fiery sort. And Peanut Butter Wolf, who had been screamed on by Dilla numerous times, we were both like, well, no. Dilla said he wanted the record out like it is, it should come out like it is. Jeff said, "I'm going to go talk to him" And for whatever reason, Dilla allowed him to edit the project and put together what is finally been looked as Donuts. But his version is quite different."

Freestyle Phantom3.0

Habitual Line Stepper
Daps
I know its the "cliche" thing to say but, Jay Dee was truly the GOAT. I remember noticing him for the first time on the ATCQ beats rhymes and life album, I was 10 maybe 11 and "1nce Again" was one of my favorite songs that came out that year. Started following him with SV, Common, The Roots, Etc. He never did anything wack and was a dope MC as well. God bless Jay Dee. Mods please sticky this!

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
A Dozen For Dilla

by Thelonious Martin

:ehh:

Thank @EQ. for this, check DJ Jazzy Jeff FB

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/23158884/

BRUHS!

JAZZY JEFF is streaming from his FB page for this week live sessions of him

Stro Elliot
TBG
SiR
Eric Lau
Daniel Crawford
Kaida Tatham
Masego
Teeko
+ many more
just making music in his studio :gladbron:

TRIBUTE TO DILLA, LIVE RECREATION OF HIS BEATS :wow:

My contribution, his Soulquarian family.... The Soulquarians Appreciation Thread

Last edited: