Didnt Know Tekken Was This Serious

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t get it what’s so impressive

:mjlol:

In Tekken, movement is king. Being able to do the KBD in regards to proper spacing, while also being always mindful of your opponent’s position, is extremely important.

Being able to consistently use that movement to control the neutral and set up your longer juggles the bare minimum. Again, go try and replicate that movement in practice mode and see how it feels to do it then watch a pro-match to see how fast and precise they do it..

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Finally watched. Score does some dope ass esports vids.

Tekken was my favorite fighting game growing up. shyt was GOAT to me before they started adding in juggles. The dopest part is that a lot of the moves and muscle memory carry over. Like I can still do King throw chains that I learned in 1999. :wow:

Me and my college roommates used to play on the big screen and our matches looked like real martial arts matches. I'd be ducking punches last minute, followed by a sidestep into a right kick, the other player counters, I counter the counter. :banderas: Truly great times.

That prize pool is disgusting tho. $7500?? :scust:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Tekken is really hard. It takes years to get good at movement, korean back dash is not easy to learn and even when you do learn it it is difficult to master. Just a really big barrier to entry. All fighting games are already harder than every other game, but this extra barrier makes Tekken the hardest.

Nah Tekken aint the hardest by a long shot. You don't really have complicated move inputs.. the buffering system is easy. It's also one of the few fighting games you can play just fine with a PS pad. You just gotta put time in.

Tekken the GOAT fighting game. you just have to practice like crazy.
If i get that first fast AF high punch high punch mid punch combo in with martial law right after ''Round 1'' You are done son, you wont ever get a chance again. you should have blocked or stepped back with the quickness.That was your only chance.
cuz now ill keep you in the air with scissor kicks and round house kicks and then punch you when you land on the floor, take 85% of your life in the first 6 seconds. Then when you get up(if you didnt roll to the side first) i drop kick you back down and your done.

:banderas:

But if I counter that first punch tho... That's what I loved about Tekken, the strategy behind it.

Lmao, the people who have been playing Tekken have been playing this game for 4-5 years and have that muscle memory ingrained in the hair.

Post a video of you consistently doing this.

:hhh:.. nikka I been playing tekken since the mid 90s... Back dash cancelling is nothing new and not that difficult on a ps pad unlike on an Arcade stick

I'm gonna agree with @Black_Jesus here. There's no need to do all that fancy shyt. And if you've been playing for 20 years, all that stuff still transfers over. I haven't played Tekken competitively in years but my King can beat 80% of people I run into. Obviously these Korean nikkas on some other shyt but you can be pretty competitive in Tekken without all the extra shyt.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Been trying to learn Drag but doing iWR 2 without destroying my old ass joystick is a problem.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
I always wished the top fighting games implemented a stamina gauge that affected frames to become something more than just memorizing the code.

The whole tournament scene would be flipped on its head.

If a nikka throws 8 hadoukens back to back to back, or if someone is hit by them, it should affect their power and speed type of shyt.

Bring the fighting scene into a new generation of on the fly adjustments.
:hhh:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:yeshrug:I just think it's lame that fighting games have literally devolved into the 10101010's of counting frames and predictable punish times.

One of the good elements of fightnights and UFC game systems is that the only thing predictable is the end of the fight will look very different from the beginning unless fatigue is off.

But eat, breh:ld:

Last edited:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
jus picked it back up smoking a blunt and realized it would be fun to play that blazed again

ive convinced myself ima get nice after watching some matches on youtube this morning

:mjcry:i know im finna take HELLA L's all over again.
if i get 3 wins by this afternoon im nice.:smugdraper:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
just got 3 wins in a row with claudio.:ooh:
must be less competition on Xbox cause i was gettin fukked up on ps4 left and right:jbhmm:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Tekken aint the hardest by a long shot. You don't really have complicated move inputs.. the buffering system is easy. It's also one of the few fighting games you can play just fine with a PS pad. You just gotta put time in.

:banderas:

But if I counter that first punch tho... That's what I loved about Tekken, the strategy behind it.

I'm gonna agree with @Black_Jesus here. There's no need to do all that fancy shyt. And if you've been playing for 20 years, all that stuff still transfers over. I haven't played Tekken competitively in years but my King can beat 80% of people I run into. Obviously these Korean nikkas on some other shyt but you can be pretty competitive in Tekken without all the extra shyt.

Fundamentals always transfer over but I’m telling high level play. I can wash scrubs and decent players with nothing but, at comp tournament level, which is what me and @Black_Jesus were discussing then you really gonna need to be able to move.

I don’t even wanna imagine fighting Dragunov without using KBD consistently.

Obviously, you can be good at Tekken without all the fancy stuff just like you can be good at SF5 and not do combos.