Didier Drogba appreciation thread.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's not true

African nationals play each other all the time because no one else will play them.

It's the bigger nations that don't play other sides.

The nations with the horrible FAs don't play friendliest.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not true

African nationals play each other all the time because no one else will play them.

It's the bigger nations that don't play other sides.

The nations with the horrible FAs don't play friendlies.
that applies to most african FAs unfortunately. They're so corrupt, they make Blatter look like a saint.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
drogba is not only the best african player of the last decade.....I would say he's the best striker since Ronaldo

Henry and Eto are the only other two who compare and I would personally take Drogba over then because he took a team with much less talent than Henry and Eto did to the CL title. Eto really played on stacked teams with guys like Ronaldinho and Messi being the go-to players with Eto being more of a support player. I think Drogba could've done as much if not more damage if he played with players of that quality.

Henry was the leader of those great Arsenal teams but they had way more talent the the Chelsea club Drogba just led to the title. I think what Drogba did this year put him above both of them as the best striker since Ronaldo.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
drogba is not only the best african player of the last decade.....I would say he's the best striker since Ronaldo

Henry and Eto are the only other two who compare and I would personally take Drogba over then because he took a team with much less talent than Henry and Eto did to the CL title. Eto really played on stacked teams with guys like Ronaldinho and Messi being the go-to players with Eto being more of a support player. I think Drogba could've done as much if not more damage if he played with players of that quality.

Henry was the leader of those great Arsenal teams but they had way more talent the the Chelsea club Drogba just led to the title. I think what Drogba did this year put him above both of them as the best striker since Ronaldo.

much less talent :what:

dawg, that team cost £500 million to assemble

and Drogba is an inconsistent finisher who only showed up for big matches. He only had 2 great seasons at Chelsea.

Drogba was a beast, I love the dude, dont ever get me wrong but dont try and slander Henry and Eto'o to put Drogba in a false position.

I mean really breh, 156 goals in 337 matches? Compare it to what Eto'o did, or Henry. its not even worth a damn comparison and those guys won more too. Club and for country.:rudy:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

and Drogba is an inconsistent finisher who only showed up for big matches. He only had 2 great seasons at Chelsea.

Drogba was a beast, I love the dude, dont ever get me wrong but dont try and slander Henry and Eto'o to put Drogba in a false position.

I mean really breh, 156 goals in 337 matches? Compare it to what Eto'o did, or Henry. its not even worth a damn comparison and those guys won more too. Club and for country.:rudy:

:smh:@the disrespect shown toward King Henry.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
drogba has always been mercurial, and that has come to be part of the charm. the fact that he consistently gutted arsenal, made wembley his throne, and on saturday became a champions league hero is enough to compensate for the off moments and the diving, especially early on at chelsea.

his game wasn't pretty like henry and he wasn't as consistent as eto'o but fukk it...he has always been the teeth of the team, as he proved this weekend, when nothing else was left, he found something.

the fact that there are arsenal and fulham fans in here giving him props proves his resilience, he's made everyone respect him when he started off with zero slack from fans, including chelsea's.

i looked at his signing as roman saying fukk you to the poisonous elements of the shed end. he no doubt just wanted to sign a quality striker, but it feels good to see an african guy leading the line after all the NF bullshyt in the early 90s.

BOBN

Pro
Daps

Thank you.

Drogba and his billion dollar underdogs. You couldnt make it up.

henry nearly did it in 2006 with a far far less able side than this chelsea. Far less. and drogba nearly didnt do it. Lets not forget chelsea only won on a penalty shootout. They all still count but lets not get carried away.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you.

henry nearly did it in 2006 with a far far less able side than this chelsea. .

But his frauding was epic in that game:to:

Game could've been done with in the first 20 minutes(don't wanna think about that):snoop:

Honestly i'll take that Arsenal team destroying this current Chelsea team

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That 2005 Arsenal team at full strength would've probably won the League these past two seasons.

Like i've been saying, the quality at the so-called big clubs has gone down in a major way post 2006 WC. Maybe other thanBarca, I would'nt say any of the big clubs have better teams than the ones the had from the early to mid 2000's.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I cannot believe, someone who plays well about 1/5 games is being called the best striker since Ronaldo.

I wouldn't even make that up as a wind up.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a reason these African teams with great players never do anything on the big international stages.

They're playing for pride when they play for their country, not money.

I'm sure if they were getting paid a quarter of a million quid every game they played for their country like they do at their clubs, Africa would have won a world cup by now.

Mercenaries :manny:

never heard so much nonsense in my life

BOBN

Pro
Daps
That 2005 Arsenal team at full strength would've probably won the League these past two seasons.

Like i've been saying, the quality at the so-called big clubs has gone down in a major way post 2006 WC. Maybe other thanBarca, I would'nt say any of the big clubs have better teams than the ones the had from the early to mid 2000's.
its getting harder and harder to disagree. its the dark ages.

thats why I cant suck off pep :huhldup:

never heard so much nonsense in my life
lack of motivation is a big factor. there alot of truth in what he said.

its unacceptable the way people like yakubu and odemwinge play in the premier league compared to the way they faff about for nigeria. obi mikel didnt even turn up at the last world cup.