Did y'all ever notice the black Power Ranger was missing a finger?

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
59a367830c465c6a4f48cc302ca7bdb6_w200.gif

The correlation between this gif being posted and it being dapped by @DJSmooth is what makes life worth living. :mjgrin:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I met this nicca at comic con some years back, and you know, I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I thought it was cool that he was there cause I grew up on the OG power rangers plus I remember when he was on my favorite show The Shield.

But again, I'm not a fan. I say that to make it clear that I'm not one of those fanboy weirdos.

So anyway he's shaking hands and taking pics with folks, so I walk up to him to dap him up like "what's up, breh? Cool to meet you. I used to watch you on Power Rangers and you were on my favorite show The Shield."

So when I go in for the dap, dude doesn't dap me. He grabs my hand and formally shakes my hand, gives me a "uh huh" doesn't even look at me and sees a group of white boys and says "Hi guys! :gladbron:" and leaves me hanging to walk over and take pics with them.

I'm standing there like :gucci:

At the time, I wondered if maybe he did that cause I mentioned The Shield and maybe he wasn't proud of his character on there or something. But one of my friends who was there and interacted with him separately from me said she got the same vibes from him.

All in all, I thought it was c00nish for him to not dap a breh, and to walk away from a breh in favor of some Chads and Todds. It was disrespectful.

And he was real excited to see them too :mjlol:

I observed for a second cause I thought maybe he knew them from somewhere. But no, they were just ppl who were shaking his hand and taking pics with him like I was trying to do.

But his energy towards me and his energy towards them was night and day. :mjpls:

14gp.gif

:mjpls:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Yeah this was known back then. Can’t remember how it got cut off then although that was known too.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Tommy was the most swagged out ranger :hubie:
Post a gif showing this,

From what i remember he had the coolest looking uniform and was more powerful storywise but was still a typical white guy actor otherwise.

Last edited:

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Damn that sucks, Dude was cool with me at the Shreveport comic-con…maybe someone checked him…I dunno, but I ain’t get them vibes when I met him a few months back.
:manny:

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
fukked up Hairline, racist writers, missing digits,

still had more swag than any of the other rangers.
There's something about bad hairlines that so damn nauseating to me.

I was super square back in the day (think Cookie from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide), so I never was really put on game about hairstyling. Everytime I see an old pic of me rocking buzzcut or crooked lineup/lack of line up, I give the :scust:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Damn that sucks, Dude was cool with me at the Shreveport comic-con…maybe someone checked him…I dunno, but I ain’t get them vibes when I met him a few months back.
:manny:
You gotta take stories like that with a grain of salt. You can be a great person and still Not have every single first impression you make in life a good one. And people are judging your entire character off one brief meeting. Just law of averages, not every encounter is gonna leave a fan feeling satisfied.

also(not accusing anyone this thread) but people rarely take accountability for being invasive or rude in a manner that might draw out a negative reaction from a celebrity.
Take Tom Hanks for example, reputation as a nice guy but i bet somebody out there got cursed out once for bumping into his wife and then went home told a one sided account about how Tom Hanks was an a$$hole towards them when they just wanted a picture.

Where there's smoke theres fire though, so if more and more black folks start popping up with similiar stories, that would start to have credence to me that maybe he is on that type of time.

Last edited: