Did the word “simp” change meaning in the last couple years or I’m trippin?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not sure how old you are but I don't remember the word simp being a used like that back in the day
People who use simp to describe men having cordial interactions with women are obviously incels
the real definition is a dude in some kind of friendzone who is doing everything a man in a relationship would do...with none of the benefits

I once had a coworker who was paying rent....for a woman who had a bf who lived with her. They had a platonic relationship and he never hit. That's a simp to me

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This is what happen when you tear down positive masculine figures for boys.

You're either kissing women's asses for views and money (Derrick Jaxn) or you're a criminal misogynistic, pimping boys/men for views and money (Tate).

There's no real middle ground anymore.

Also, don't downplay that we ignore it, but, young boys see and hear all this whole "we don't need men/boys" talk. It is affecting them.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Pretty sure it was originally meant as a play on the word pimp.

A pimp is supposed to take a woman's money, while a soft pimp or a sorry pimp does the opposite; gives money gifts favors etc to women trying to buy her affection.

Now it's really just an insult for any man under any circumstance

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simp used to be shorthand for "sensitive pimp". It was a term to describe cake ass nikkas, dirty macks like Drake and the lame ass nikkas who will white knight and cosign anything a woman says/thinks hoping to gain her favor and eventually p*ssy. The last example is the one most people think of like that Derrick Jan nikka or whatever his name was.

Nowadays unhinged cac incels got a hold of the word and now it's become a catch all term for taking a woman's side or even regular ass dating interactions. These kids are losing the plot on record time

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simp means opposite of a pimp ie you have sympathy for women ie you are not a misogynistic predatory sociopath. Being called a pimp is the true insult. Truly amazing how much people, women especially rock with and follow these sick fukks.