Did the word “simp” change meaning in the last couple years or I’m trippin?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It got ruined

Same with "pick-me"

It was originally supposed to be used for women that insult other women for male approval

Now some use it for any woman that defends men or calls out bad behavior from women

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gen Z destroyed the word. They love to use it and overuse it for everything.
Gen Z and the Internet really overuse the fukk out of any slang the catches on.

Even on this board you'll see the latest shyt get injected into every damn situation: can't go 3 that's without someone "crashing out". :beli:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Tbf I used to call my boys simps for talking to any hoes back in hs on some just clowing shyt. That was like 2006

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Gen Z and the Internet really overuse the fukk out of any slang the catches on.

Even on this board you'll see the latest shyt get injected into every damn situation: can't go 3 that's without someone "crashing out". :beli:

I feel like older gen failed gen z by being to soft on them.

I used to be around these cats all day and every word out of there mouth was some form of slang, to the point where everything they didn’t even know why or what they where actually saying.

Even the other day I was talking to some girl in her 20s and she said to me, “I’m down for whatever” . I’m like do you really know what that means.

The worst is people saying mid about everything like are we talking drugs?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simp always been in the mix

Boys iii men 1992
Camron 2004

But this forum should be credited for it resurfacing. I joined the forum and started seeing it posted here.

By 2015 it was well in my vocab and I was using it publicly. Only during lockdown did it become a public thing.. mainly due to AMS and the explosion of the pua/redpill guys which made it spread into the white community then onto social media just being thrown around. Now all the green kids be using it while being the biggest simps

Before Covid there was a really a war out here to stop men from simping. We tried to save as many people as possible. Remember when dudes was leaving comments under ig thot thirst traps casually talking about sports/ gaming and the ig thots would be in uproar?? In the end the simps won and that’s why new gen of men these days are so down bad.

Since covid we’ve got

Passport bros
Dudes openly tricking
Every girl making a bag of only fans
Online dating community down bad, glory days over due to average chicks on pedestals

The simps won the war

On the bright side that just means real ns back in style. So women really bow down and kiss the ring for a real man in 2024 because we’re golddust