Did the word “simp” change meaning in the last couple years or I’m trippin?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I’m still heated over woke. Straight up changed it and used it against us.
Breh I just saw a commercial for some white dude running for a political office and he said “I’m going to end all woke policies holding us back” :mjtf:

And yea white men fukked the word “simp” all the way up. :hhh:

It used to be one of my favorite words to use especially being from NY but moving down south as a teen I was the only one up north who knew what it meant :mjgrin:

It’s really people who think it’s some internet lingo :mjtf:

I been saying “simp” since the late 90s and I’m from NYC :stopitslime:

Like a year or 2 ago I saw a tweet of a white dude saying. “You’re a simp for Biden” and legit wish there was a way we could ban white men from saying the word “simp” ever again :hhh:

Far as OP, being nice to a woman ain’t simping especially if it’s reciprocated :camby:

But gassing chicks up online who won’t give you the time of day is definitely simping :sas1:

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
Like if you compliment a woman online or just say something nice to her it’s a dozen nikkas going “she’s not gonna let you hit bro” and “stop simping”.

I was with you until this point. This is simping. Have you seen some of the comments on these chicks post. Dudes in the comments are shameless. Gassing up broads. Got regular ass women running around acting like they’re somebody :martin:

It’s a direct over correction

But gassing chicks up online who won’t give you the time of day is definitely simping :sas1:

Agreed :sas2:

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
Someone
Idolizing
Mediocre
p*ssy

I thought that’s what it stood for. Am I wrong?

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Yes simp has been misused to the point it lost it meaning.

Simpin was actually a way to game women. But now it’s turned so derogatory that it basically a wimp.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cause I swear growing up being a simp meant going out of your way for a woman who shows no feelings(romantic or otherwise) towards you. Like a breh trickin off on a woman than crying in her texts while she’s not paying him any attention.

But recently (last 2/3 years) I’ve seen it be said towards dudes that are just kind and respectful towards women in any context.

I’ve seen dudes get called a simp for being kind and generous with women they were actively dating :dead:

Like if you compliment a woman online or just say something nice to her it’s a dozen nikkas going “she’s not gonna let you hit bro” and “stop simping”. When did this happen?
It has changed like fukk boy has changed

Seems like these dudes are determined not to get women.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
These days, Everybody online is a pimp, but everyone else is a simp.