Did the word “simp” change meaning in the last couple years or I’m trippin?

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Cause I swear growing up being a simp meant going out of your way for a woman who shows no feelings(romantic or otherwise) towards you. Like a breh trickin off on a woman than crying in her texts while she’s not paying him any attention.

But recently (last 2/3 years) I’ve seen it be said towards dudes that are just kind and respectful towards women in any context.

I’ve seen dudes get called a simp for being kind and generous with women they were actively dating :dead:

Like if you compliment a woman online or just say something nice to her it’s a dozen nikkas going “she’s not gonna let you hit bro” and “stop simping”. When did this happen?

Daps
I first seen it years ago a caller called in tommy Sotomayor show and called someone a simp

Tommy said: wait say that again

Than the dude said it means

Someone who idolizes medicore p*ssy

That really the meaning

Anything else is just people overusing it

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Cause I swear growing up being a simp meant going out of your way for a woman who shows no feelings(romantic or otherwise) towards you. Like a breh trickin off on a woman than crying in her texts while she’s not paying him any attention.

But recently (last 2/3 years) I’ve seen it be said towards dudes that are just kind and respectful towards women in any context.

I’ve seen dudes get called a simp for being kind and generous with women they were actively dating :dead:

Like if you compliment a woman online or just say something nice to her it’s a dozen nikkas going “she’s not gonna let you hit bro” and “stop simping”. When did this happen?

You sound like a simp :scust:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
On an actual serious note the game never stops and yes it’s very possible to simp for a girl you’re involved with. Some dudes act too lovey dovey and get lost in the sauce the girl likes you when you were being natural shyt I’ve done it before you have to show them you are still capable of getting other girls and acting like that isn’t helping. Gotta keep a good balance. Like you sound very naive op I know you’re like a zoomer tho

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
On an actual serious note the game never stops and yes it’s very possible to simp for a girl you’re involved with. Some dudes act too lovey dovey and get lost in the sauce the girl likes you when you were being natural shyt I’ve done it before you have to show them you are still capable of getting other girls and acting like that isn’t helping. Gotta keep a good balance. Like you sound very naive op I know you’re like a zoomer tho

This is not a real life issue

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

Based on your definition, it kinda fits dont you think? :troll: