Did the Kobe disciple kyrie Irving have a bad finals performance due to …😳 no “mental toughness”🤯

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's actually symbolic of each dude. Talent is unquestionable. Mental is all questions. If it wasn't the pandemic it was gonna be something else. Every team they ever been on got coulda, wouldas. Kyrie left Bron, KD left Steph, and Harden...well Harden was on 3 different teams in like a year and a half. Between those 3, trust me, they woulda found something :pachaha:.
Yea this far removed, now I’m mostly just glad I got to see it at all. 3 of my favorites to watch ever, but keeping it a bean they have too many “can’t get right” moments. Like even after all that KD was a half shoe size from winning anyway, but he was always gonna step on the line :russ:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would chalk it up to Boston just having too many good defenders to throw at him.

But he was kind of underwhelming the entire playoff run. He had some big games in every series...but disappeared for alot of them.

His whole playoff run was 22/5/4 on 45/39/86. Pretty decent but with the Cavs he was at 25/5/4 on 47/38/90.

He was clearly a more impactful playoff player on the Cavs which is confusing because he's supposed to be a better player now.
Kyrie always had his ups and downs. When he was playing with Bron nobody cared. He did have bigger more consistent explosions with Bron though. Bron took all the pressure off of him both on and off the court and he was committed to setting him up. They were truly a perfect fit.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Didn't Kobe lose in Boston in 2008?

Kobe went out like a G

In 2008, Kobe went out losing 131-92. It was the second-worst loss in Finals history. He had 22 points on 7-22 shooting in that game with 4 turnovers, and only scored 11 points on 3-15 shooting after the 1st quarter. For the series, he averaged 25ppg on 40/32 splits after having averaged 28ppg on 46/36 in the regular season. And his defensive responsibility averaged 20ppg on 50/53 splits and set the Finals record for threes in a series.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Kyrie’s worst move will always be tanking the Nets in my book. Him and Bron may have been able to make some more noise, but that Nets 3 woulda changed the narrative for all 3, and he just couldn’t get outta his own way. It’s not often you get 3 elite perimeter scorers who don’t overlap too much, and the numbers said they were the coldest nikkas ever on that side in the limited minutes together
All that selfish ass nikka had to do was take a vaccine and he would’ve cemented 3 legacies. But no. He had to be MLK for nikkas who think they can cure aids with beet juice and ginger root. I love the basketball talent that is Kyrie Irving, but I can’t rock with him after that saga

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
ITS BECAUSE HE WAS GOIN HARD FOR PALESTINE

HIS PERFORMANCES STARTED SUFFERING RIGHT AFTER ROCKIN THAT KEFFIYAH

BAD ENERGY TO BE SUPPORTING A NATION THAT REFERS TO YOUR PEOPLE AS “SLAVES”

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
In 2008, Kobe went out losing 131-92. It was the second-worst loss in Finals history. He had 22 points on 7-22 shooting in that game with 4 turnovers, and only scored 11 points on 3-15 shooting after the 1st quarter. For the series, he averaged 25ppg on 40/32 splits after having averaged 28ppg on 46/36 in the regular season. And his defensive responsibility averaged 20ppg on 50/53 splits and set the Finals record for threes in a series.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U BASE EVERYTHING ON NUMBERS

FOR THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY WATCHED THE SERIES WE KNOW THAT IT WAS THE SUPPORTING CAST WHO LET KOBE DOWN.. PARTICULARLY PAU WHO WAS PUNKED BY GARNETT AND DUBBED PAU GASOFT AFTER THAT SERIES… HE SPENT THAT ENTIRE OFFSEASON TOUGHENING UP AND WAS A DIFFERENT PLAYER IN 09

Last edited:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Celtics weren't going to let him or luka beat them...many teams have that strategy against star players but boston actually had the personel to push it the entire series. Mavs need a 3rd scorer that can create a bucket.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
His performance against warriors in 2016 finals deceived many of y'all. Kyrie has never and will never be THAT guy

There's more to basketball than having a bag:francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
PARTICULARLY PAU WHO WAS PUNKED BY GARNETT

KG averaged 18 and 13 on 43% shooting that series. Pau averaged 15 and 10 on 53% shooting that series.

KG averaged 19ppg on 54% shooting that season, so Pau held him to below his scoring average and over 10% below his FG% average. You did NOT lose that series because their best big put up 18ppg on 43% shooting.

The reason I use #'s is because you're constitutionally incapable of making any argument that puts Kobe in a bad light. So all this, "Well I saw the series and I know that XYZ is the truth!" bullshyt is simply bullshyt. No one expects you to be anything other than biased and subjective, so only numbers will suffice.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
NAAH DUNCAN ALWAYS HAD A TOP TIER CAST
:mjlol: at minimum that 2002 series says otherwise.

Duncan averaging 29/17/3blks with old ass Admiral only playing 3 games. Had a DunGAWD performance in the elimination game with 34 points/25 rebounds. Mark Bryant and old ass Steve Smith running around out there playing real minutes. :russ:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
KG averaged 18 and 13 on 43% shooting that series. Pau averaged 15 and 10 on 53% shooting that series.

KG averaged 19ppg on 54% shooting that season, so Pau held him to below his scoring average and over 10% below his FG% average. You did NOT lose that series because their best big put up 18ppg on 43% shooting.

The reason I use #'s is because you're constitutionally incapable of making any argument that puts Kobe in a bad light. So all this, "Well I saw the series and I know that XYZ is the truth!" bullshyt is simply bullshyt. No one expects you to be anything other than biased and subjective, so only numbers will suffice.

YOU USE NUMBERS BECAUSE NUMBERS ARE CIRCUMSTANTIAL AND CAN BE USED IN MULTIPLE WAYS

LIKE IF I TOLD U THAT IN GAME 6 THE SECOND LEADING SCORER WAS LAMAR WIT 14 POINTS, IT CREATES MORE OF AN EXPLANATION TO TRUE BASKETBALL ENTHUSIASTS

“OH THATS WHY THE DEFENSE WAS ABLE TO KEY IN ON KOBE!! NOBODY ELSE ON THE TEAM WAS GIVING U 20+ POINTS!!”

THATS WHY BASKETBALL PURISTS RARELY RELY ON NUMBERS TO TELL A STORY.

FOR THOSE WHO WERENT THERE IN REAL TIME N RELY ON NUMBERS TO TELL THEM THE STORY, THERES REAL TIME DOCUMENTATION ON THIS STUFF WHICH EXPLAIN THINGS JUST A TAD BIT BETTER THAN A CALCULATOR CAN

THIS ALSO HELPS EXPLAIN THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KOBE N BRON.. PUT BRON IN KOBES PLACE IN 2008 AND BRON WOULD BE CALLIN THE FRONT OFFICE TO BLOW UP THE TEAM N POSSIBLY TRADE PAU, FIRE PHIL JACKSON ETC… NO WAY HE TAKES IT UPON HIMSELF TO BEAT SOME TOUGHNESS INTO PAU ALA KOBE

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting beat that badly by your old team is nasty work.

Especially when the narrative in 2018/2019 was that Tatum and Brown were jealous of Kyrie and Hayward after they returned from their injuries and that they needed to take a step back and let the veterans take over again :manny: I guess Tatum and Brown were right to push these old nikkas out :skip:

GettyImages-10393218801-1600x900.jpg

Last edited: