Did the Kobe disciple kyrie Irving have a bad finals performance due to …😳 no “mental toughness”🤯

Daps
Boston had enough perimeter defense and Dallas couldn't punish them in the paint. Celts were the best team all year and the most balanced overall. Jrue Holiday isn't a true #1 or #2 option but dude is that glue you need to win rings. Dallas might have taken this to 7 just adding Jrue.

Dallas is solid but they need Lively to keep developing, unload guys like THJ and add a very good 3 & D. They need someone who can get buckets without needing the ball but can also play defense....a Klay or Scottie type.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Celtics dismantled KD offensively two years ago and Kyrie this year.

When Beard was with the Nets, they smoked the Celtics and last year he put up two 40+ point games in two Ws against them as the second option before his number one let him down.

We're going to start a dialogue. (but don't quote me about how many points Harden had in games 6 and 7 last year, I don't care
full
)

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boston had enough perimeter defense and Dallas couldn't punish them in the paint. Celts were the best team all year and the most balanced overall. Jrue Holiday isn't a true #1 or #2 option but dude is that glue you need to win rings. Dallas might have taken this to 7 just adding Jrue.

Dallas is solid but they need Lively to keep developing, unload guys like THJ and add a very good 3 & D. They need someone who can get buckets without needing the ball but can also play defense....a Klay or Scottie type.
Those klays types is hard to find

In fact thinking about it

Who playing right now is equal to pre injury klay :francis:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What this gotta do with Kobe? Aint like you can transfer mental toughness :heh:.

That said, I dont think this is about his mental toughness. Everybody, including Kobe and Mike and whoever else, got a soft spot. I think its a matter of him actually feeling bad about how things went and ended in Boston moreso than him being rattled. A team full of bigger players that all are committed on the defensive end didnt help either.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Celtics dismantled KD offensively two years ago and Kyrie this year.

When Beard was with the Nets, they smoked the Celtics and last year he put up two 40+ point games in two Ws against them as the second option before his number one let him down.

We're going to start a dialogue. (but don't quote me about how many points Harden had in games 6 and 7 last year, I don't care
full
)
Kyrie’s worst move will always be tanking the Nets in my book. Him and Bron may have been able to make some more noise, but that Nets 3 woulda changed the narrative for all 3, and he just couldn’t get outta his own way. It’s not often you get 3 elite perimeter scorers who don’t overlap too much, and the numbers said they were the coldest nikkas ever on that side in the limited minutes together

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Kyrie’s worst move will always be tanking the Nets in my book. Him and Bron may have been able to make some more noise, but that Nets 3 woulda changed the narrative for all 3, and he just couldn’t get outta his own way. It’s not often you get 3 elite perimeter scorers who don’t overlap too much, and the numbers said they were the coldest nikkas ever on that side in the limited minutes together

That's why Kyrie on his kumbaya apology tour

He knows he fukked that up

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
But this is why I say Kobe was one of one 1️⃣

I think he let Boston rattle him

The mavs would have not beat the Celtics no matter what that team was built perfectly

But kyrie was rattled :francis:

Let Kobe live in peace. There were times where Kobe literally gave up during games. The man is a legend but his death has immortalized him and now it won’t be fair to player comparisons.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I would chalk it up to Boston just having too many good defenders to throw at him.

But he was kind of underwhelming the entire playoff run. He had some big games in every series...but disappeared for alot of them.

His whole playoff run was 22/5/4 on 45/39/86. Pretty decent but with the Cavs he was at 25/5/4 on 47/38/90.

He was clearly a more impactful playoff player on the Cavs which is confusing because he's supposed to be a better player now.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I wonder if kyrie on that

“We are the real native Americans never was African’s” wave

Tariq stuff

I mean do what you do but kyrie is a strange one

He seems like a good hearted person tho

But those kicks was wild

:dead:
:russ:

I'm willing to bet he is on the indigenous wave.

I also wonder when all of this "enlightment" started with him.

Definitely seems like a good dude, just different lol

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's actually symbolic of each dude. Talent is unquestionable. Mental is all questions. If it wasn't the pandemic it was gonna be something else. Every team they ever been on got coulda, wouldas. Kyrie left Bron, KD left Steph, and Harden...well Harden was on 3 different teams in like a year and a half. Between those 3, trust me, they woulda found something :pachaha:.