Did the Celtics give the keys to the wrong guy?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I'm sorry it has to be said

As a Celtics fan, I've been thinking of this. Celtics prematurely gave the keys to Jayson Tatum, but his teammate Jaylen Brown is the best player on the Celtics

Jaylen Brown understands the moment and rises above it. You never question his intensity, effort, focus, and leadership. On top of that, Jaylen has more offensive variety to his game. With Tatum, I question that alot. Sorry but he reminds me of James Harden in the playoffs. If he's not getting the whistle, his intensity lowers considerably

And blame the Celtics for not giving the ball to Jaylen more in clutch moments instead of Tatum. The thing is Tatum is still young enough to turn this around, but.... Sorry, it had to be said :manny:

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
Finals against the Warriors showed me Tatum mentally weak and when it comes to who can produce when game is tight its Brown from what I've noticed. Tatum will have a smaller defender and settle for a contested step back or jumper rather than attacking rim.

If you watch carefully Tatum checks out when he doesn't get calls or is in a shooting slump it's Brown who then takes over.