Did Nas predict 50 falling off?

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrong. 50 Cent wasn't all on his videos crying in the rain, singing on his songs like Ja Rule was. Candy Shop was a sales-song for the bytches. 50 never sang on any of his songs, you guys are fukking idiots to think just because he wasn't grunting on a hook he was singing like Ja, nah, he wasn't.

@Prea: Massacre had a lot of hard songs on it (and it's a certified classic), wrong again you 50 dikk ridin fakkits :russ:

Lol did u really just say massacre was a classic that shyt was straight basura

darealxan

Pro
Daps
[–]FocusOnThePie 846 points 1 day ago

Biggest regret of your career? How long are you planning to make music?

[–]Official50Cent[S] 1981 points 1 day ago

ill prolly make music longer than im suppose to. like a fighter who doesnt know when to retire lol i just love doing it
:obama:

Jokes love you 50

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i will be glad when this month over and this album has been forgotten about
as it is going to be

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
kelis said her milkshake bring all the boys to her yard then nas went and tattooed that bytch on his arm
fukk you've been shytting on nas since the early allhiphop days... Didnt u have a pic of cutting a pizza with a nas cd?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
50 predicted his own falloff...remember the dvd fhat came with grodt? I remember hin talking about how people would get tired of him eventually and same thing happened to ja would happen to him...worst thing 50coulda done was sell 10 mil from a rap career standpoint:heh:

JetSetter22

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well first of all I don't care about album sales - they don't dictate music quality. But if someone says 50 has fallen off because he's not selling as many records as before, you might as well say Nas has fallen off too because his albums aren't selling as much anymore either. God's Son took a year to go platinum. Street's Disciple took a year to go platinum. HHID sold 300,000 in its first week. Meanwhile LIG has sold 300,000 in a year. 50 seems to be having similar record sales as Nas recently - so if Nas is relevant, how isn't 50?

Also I don't agree with your argument that he can't create a buzz with those names. Who is going to get excited and want to buy a 50 album because of Adam Levine or Alicia Keys? I wouldn't even want to buy a 50 album because of Eminem because he has put garbage ass verses on all of 50's albums since Massacre. Plus guest appearances don't help sell record imo - you buy records to listen to the main artist, not their features. The D12 albums didn't sell that much in comparison to Eminem's main albums for example, despite having Em on nearly every track and coming out after MMLP and TES.

Nas doesn't appear to be doing the same numbers as you indicated in the bold, his last 2 albums appear to have dropped off at the same rate as 50's. And honestly I don't care what other people rate albums as, LIG is pretty boring and doesn't have the street sound I expect/want from Nas, while BISD has the sound that I expect from 50 and is full of bangers. Like I said before I'd take BISD over Nas' last 2 albums, so I don't agree that 50 isn't "relevant music wise" - especially if you compare his current work to his previous work (it's not like you should expect his music to change over time imo - and his style was never the kind to get recognized by Harvard or w/e bs).

50 Cent
GRODT (2003) - 6x Plat
The Massacre (2005) - 5x Plat
Curtis (2007) - 1.3 mil
BISD (2009) - Gold

Nas
Stillmatic (2001) - 2x Plat
God's Son (2002) - 1x Plat
Street's Disciple (2004) - 1x Plat
HHID (2006) - 1x Plat
Untilted (2008) - Gold
LIG (2012) - 372,000

u missed the point about the sales cause ur too infatuated wit 50. 50 was selling platinum records and was going HARD at nikkas who were going gold or less, shytting hard on those nikkas as if going gold was so bad. Now this nikka cant even get passed 50k. Thats like Bill Gates fukking spitting at homeless people cause hes rich and one day going completely bankrupt and having no money and then becoming homeless. its called Karma. 50 is experiencing that first hand now. Welcome to the world of Fat Joe 50!!