You could neva fukk wit me, so don't neva fukk wit me
If money makes the man then on Iraq land
Saddam statue will still stand on top of the sand

You a fan so overall respect my hand
Cause I can see what's goin' on, I respect your scam

And we can toast to the life that showed us both
That trials and tribulation only bring forth growth
And when we ghost, you could bet who be felt the most
So live your life 'til the reaper approach..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I still don't understand how people say 50 fell off. People expect every album to be GRODT, but the vast majority of artists never top their 1st or 2nd albums (which tends to be their best). Nas is my favorite artist, but BISD > Nas' last 2 albums (maybe more, but I like HHID). 50 still puts out music that's just as good, and the same style, as stuff he first put out (just not albums that are as good from front to back). Plus I'm pretty sure 50 is still rich, so it's not like he "hasn't survived." Whenever he puts out a new song or video people post it up in here and comment on it (often compliment it), so it's not like he's descended into irrelevance. I don't think you can argue that he has fallen off with sales, because everybody's sales are in the gutter.

Explain to me how 50 has "fallen off", musically or otherwise

Damn brehs I found a 50 stan in 2013. Feels like I just caught a Mew in Pokemon Blue. You wouldn't be European would you, breh?
:troll:

*listens to track* 50 still rapping about the same shyt. Nas was right I see

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well first of all I don't care about album sales - they don't dictate music quality. But if someone says 50 has fallen off because he's not selling as many records as before, you might as well say Nas has fallen off too because his albums aren't selling as much anymore either. God's Son took a year to go platinum. Street's Disciple took a year to go platinum. HHID sold 300,000 in its first week. Meanwhile LIG has sold 300,000 in a year. 50 seems to be having similar record sales as Nas recently - so if Nas is relevant, how isn't 50?

Also I don't agree with your argument that he can't create a buzz with those names. Who is going to get excited and want to buy a 50 album because of Adam Levine or Alicia Keys? I wouldn't even want to buy a 50 album because of Eminem because he has put garbage ass verses on all of 50's albums since Massacre. Plus guest appearances don't help sell record imo - you buy records to listen to the main artist, not their features. The D12 albums didn't sell that much in comparison to Eminem's main albums for example, despite having Em on nearly every track and coming out after MMLP and TES.

Nas doesn't appear to be doing the same numbers as you indicated in the bold, his last 2 albums appear to have dropped off at the same rate as 50's. And honestly I don't care what other people rate albums as, LIG is pretty boring and doesn't have the street sound I expect/want from Nas, while BISD has the sound that I expect from 50 and is full of bangers. Like I said before I'd take BISD over Nas' last 2 albums, so I don't agree that 50 isn't "relevant music wise" - especially if you compare his current work to his previous work (it's not like you should expect his music to change over time imo - and his style was never the kind to get recognized by Harvard or w/e bs).

50 Cent
GRODT (2003) - 6x Plat
The Massacre (2005) - 5x Plat
Curtis (2007) - 1.3 mil
BISD (2009) - Gold

Nas
Stillmatic (2001) - 2x Plat
God's Son (2002) - 1x Plat
Street's Disciple (2004) - 1x Plat
HHID (2006) - 1x Plat
Untilted (2008) - Gold
LIG (2012) - 372,000
Where you getting these numbers from?

Prae

Pro
Daps
Where you getting these numbers from?
wikipedia - looking at the artists' "discography" section
Damn brehs I found a 50 stan in 2013. Feels like I just caught a Mew in Pokemon Blue. You wouldn't be European would you, breh?

Lol na I'm not European, I'm in the states. I just think 50 is one of the few dudes who still makes street gangsta rap type shyt, which is what I like to hear. And he hasn't changed to some weak sounding music that sounds nothing like earlier stuff just to fit in with today's music(*cough* Jay Z and Nas *cough* / or completely fallen off to making garbage sounding music like Em). If you liked his music when it first came out, I don't see why you would want him to change/rap about different stuff. Sorry I don't just follow along with whatever's "cool" or the latest rap fad :yeshrug:

Last edited:

MiC

Pro
Daps
Nas dropped 10 albums over a 19 year span.
50 dropped 4 albums over a 7 year span.
Nas will be remembered musically as a top 5 all time who played a major part in rap for 2 decades with a massive album discography of critically acclaimed music.
50 will be remembered musically as a very long flash in the pan who had a few albums and dominated music from 2003-2007, dropped one more album then became a mixtape rapper dropping tapes most forgot a week later

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
:troll:

lmao...

MiC

Pro
Daps
Prea what you don't realize is it's not just the fact 50 did 500k last album (in a year when em and jay both did 4x as much, so yes people can clown him and jay did clown him at the vma's). It's the fact that it is almost 2014 and 50 STILL can't release his 5th album. THAT is why it's legitimate to say he fell off. Dropped a track with Alicia keys and dr dre no release date. Dropped a second track with too short no release date. Dropped a third track with eminem and maroon 5 guy, dropped a fourth track with snoop and jeezy. Dropped a fifth track with kendrick. All 5 of these on iTunes and had music videos. 3 given full radio releases. No release date.

When you went from dropping and selling every 2 years to not dropping for coming up on 5 years despite having 5 singles you fell the fukk off. Didn't 50 clown styles for a push back? Hmmmmm

Hair Jordan

Miley Cyrus' Pimp
Daps
Reppin
The MEANEST suburbs in Nothern Ontario, Canada.
If you ain't convinced that Fiff fell the fukk off listen to his new single talm bout Don't Turn On Me (The Warning) basically the whole track is 50 back tracking on the last 5 years of his career and begging fans to still fukk with him. STRUGGLING.

Prae

Pro
Daps
Prea what you don't realize is it's not just the fact 50 did 500k last album (in a year when em and jay both did 4x as much, so yes people can clown him and jay did clown him at the vma's). It's the fact that it is almost 2014 and 50 STILL can't release his 5th album. THAT is why it's legitimate to say he fell off. Dropped a track with Alicia keys and dr dre no release date. Dropped a second track with too short no release date. Dropped a third track with eminem and maroon 5 guy, dropped a fourth track with snoop and jeezy. Dropped a fifth track with kendrick. All 5 of these on iTunes and had music videos. 3 given full radio releases. No release date.

When you went from dropping and selling every 2 years to not dropping for coming up on 5 years despite having 5 singles you fell the fukk off. Didn't 50 clown styles for a push back? Hmmmmm
Yea I see what you mean. And you're right, even though everyone isn't selling as well, he still isn't selling as much as the other big players in the rap game. And yea definitely some bad management/organization/planning or w/e on his new album. So I can agree that he has fallen off with record sales. But the dude still puts out solid music imo, which is why I don't completely agree with the general statement that he's fallen off - which also seems to indicate that his music sucks all of the sudden.

If you ain't convinced that Fiff fell the fukk off listen to his new single talm bout Don't Turn On Me (The Warning) basically the whole track is 50 back tracking on the last 5 years of his career and begging fans to still fukk with him. STRUGGLING.
I can kind of see how you would come to that conclusion based on the chorus alone, but I'm not seeing him saying those things with his actual verses.

First 2 verses are talking about before GRODT. First few lines in the 3rd verse are about signing with Em and Dre and dropping GRODT.

Here's the rest of the 3rd verse and the chorus
I'm fightin' off my competition trying not to drop
It seems like no one seen him fukkin' with the kid
All they see was me tryna take off their fukkin' head
They don't see the slap, all they hear is the shot
As soon as somebody hit, I'm sure they'll run to the cops
I'm not a bully of the East, if I don't start no beef
I meet aggression with aggression, I learned that on the streets
I see em frontin' on they blogs, sayin' I'm done
Like I ain't got that flow they know be number one
When they say my time is up
And I am just collecting dust
Don't turn on me
Don't turn on me
And when they claim that I'm washed up
Or when my guns begin to rust
I'm warning you
Don't turn on me

I don't see where he's backtracking on the last 5 years - the majority of the song is talking about what happened over 10 years ago. Then in the last few lines he says that people are saying he's done, but he's saying he's not. I can see how you would interpret the chorus as "begging his fans to not turn on him" - but the line saying "I'm warning you" doesn't go along with that idea. Seems like he could be saying something else - like don't turn on him and disrespect him or talk behind his back after he's dead (time us up, collecting dust - these are ideas that go along with being dead and don't seem to refer to right now in time imo).

That song goes hard though :whew:

Last edited:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I just can't agree with saying he fell off. Falling off generally means going from being a success to being a failure, or goes from being good to sucking; and while 50 hasn't been as successful, I don't think you can say he's been a straight up failure either, and he certainly hasn't been putting out bad music.

Jay Z dissed Nas for having a "1 hot album every 10 years" - and by my count Jay's last "hot" album was The Black Album (although others may disagree) - released 10 years ago. Does that mean Jay Z has fallen off because he is doing the exact same thing he dissed Nas for (and can you base someone's fall off on a single statement like that alone)?

Plus Dr Dre seems to have a problem establishing hype for his Detox album after releasing Kush and I Need A Doctor, and he hasn't come out with any release date either. Has Dr Dre fallen off too?

2. He bragged about record sales when albums were selling. Now records aren't selling and a lot of that is beyond his control. That's like someone bragging about making boatloads of money by selling real estate/houses when the economy is booming - and then the economy goes into a recession and now they're not making money anymore. That's a result of their circumstances, and you can't completely blame the individual for that.

He's still making the exact same music he always has. So musically, how has he fallen off? Like I said in another post you can't expect every album to match an artist's first/best album. His music hasn't just suddenly become garbage though.

:banderas:

I deadass didn't think there were 50 stans this deep into denial in 2013...thank you sir...the 50 hating game had began to lose some of it's luster...even the likes of roflguy and all these eminem aliases had abandoned the 50stan ship and just started hate-trolling actual relevant artists..and then someone like you, with an almost doe eyed innocence that makes me damn near think you belive it, starts posting this pure uncut delusional fukkery...thank you for renewing my faith in 50 stans and reminding me why I hate

:salute:

MiC

Pro
Daps
@Prea

The "music completely sucks" thing comes down to opinion. Lets be honest you fall in to a rare breed of 2013 die hard 50 fan. Like dude above said most people with your ggggggg unit passion died out 5 years ago. You saying the music doesnt suck pales little in comparison to the fact that 5 singles and 3 struggle tapes werent able to make any interest for the rest of us to get an album date. When 50 destroyd ja and fat joe they still had a few die hard stans too saying their music was dope. It is what it is.

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Jay Z dissed Nas for having a "1 hot album every 10 years" - and by my count Jay's last "hot" album was The Black Album
full
full
full

Hair Jordan

Miley Cyrus' Pimp
Daps
Reppin
The MEANEST suburbs in Nothern Ontario, Canada.
To his credit, Fiff DID give the world a great gift. He got rid of the Murder Inc. Simp-fest for us and I'll always thank him for that. The problem is... after Fiff got rid of Ja, he BECAME the new Ja! I had to pause on Fiff Stan-manship right after he took me to the Candy Shop. SMH'ness ever since.