Did Nas predict 50 falling off?

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
GRODT has sold what Nas has sold his whole career. Every musician falls in popularity after about the third album. Nas is a bum and always has been with his shytty raps and horrible delivery. If I have trouble sleeping (I don't) I would put in a Nas CD. 50 predicted the Kelis situation though :mjpls:

Prae

Pro
Daps
@Prea

The "music completely sucks" thing comes down to opinion. Lets be honest you fall in to a rare breed of 2013 die hard 50 fan. Like dude above said most people with your ggggggg unit passion died out 5 years ago. You saying the music doesnt suck pales little in comparison to the fact that 5 singles and 3 struggle tapes werent able to make any interest for the rest of us to get an album date. When 50 destroyd ja and fat joe they still had a few die hard stans too saying their music was dope. It is what it is.
sorry for the long post

I do agree that he really fukked up with the singles from Street King Immortal, and honestly none of them have been that good. But I feel inclined to reserve judgement without hearing a full album - especially since singles generally don't tell you how the album as a whole will be. I personally don't put a lot of stock into those mixtapes either, and I don't expect them to be album quality or even that great necessarily. I mean he put out Forever King and that was nothing special, but then he put out BISD which went in a different direction and was actually good imo. From my perspective, his last legit album, BISD, was pretty solid overall - so I look to that more than the free thrown together mixtapes when saying he still puts out good music.

I think 50's biggest mistakes have been trying to force pop type songs for radio play, along with The Massacre.
Pop radio hits are not his strong suit, and they're not why people liked him in the first place. Baby By Me and Do You Think About Me were horrible songs to try to grab attention to BISD, and were completely different from the majority of the album. Those just aren't the type songs that people want to hear from him, and he doesn't do them well either.

In regards to The Massacre - he really shot himself in the foot with this album. At the time people were expecting another GRODT with music that goes hard, instead he puts out an album with mostly chilled/laidback, 21 questions / p.i.m.p type songs throughout. I think this caught a lot of people off guard and they didn't really want to fukk with it at the time (myself included). Plus Candy Shop was just straight up stupid. In retrospect it's a pretty decent album, but only if that's the kind of music you're in the mood to listen to.

I think if 50 would've stuck to more of the GRODT blueprint (What Up Gangsta, Patiently Waiting, Many Men type tracks), and gone with more actual club sounding tracks (like In Da Club, How We Do) as his singles, and kept the girly/pop songs to a bare minimum, things would have been much different for him. Before I Self Destruct was the type of album people were expecting following GRODT - an album with hard street bangers. If BISD came out following GRODT (and had less girly/pop songs at the end, and better singles), and if he stuck to what worked, I think his career could have gone in a much different/better direction and people would still fukk with him.

Curtis was a straight garbage album so I didn't see any reason to mention that lol.

Last edited:

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
To his credit, Fiff DID give the world a great gift. He got rid of the Murder Inc. Simp-fest for us and I'll always thank him for that. The problem is... after Fiff got rid of Ja, he BECAME the new Ja! I had to pause on Fiff Stan-manship right after he took me to the Candy Shop. SMH'ness ever since.

Wrong. 50 Cent wasn't all on his videos crying in the rain, singing on his songs like Ja Rule was. Candy Shop was a sales-song for the bytches. 50 never sang on any of his songs, you guys are fukking idiots to think just because he wasn't grunting on a hook he was singing like Ja, nah, he wasn't.

@Prea: Massacre had a lot of hard songs on it (and it's a certified classic), wrong again you 50 dikk ridin fakkits :russ:

MiC

Pro
Daps
Massacre a certified classicc? Defending poprap like candyshop? Lmao

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goodwill can be a cushion that catches you when times get tough.

You can easily build up goodwill when times are good. 50 didn't do that - instead he shytted on half the industry when he was on top.

So when he fell, he fell hard, and not a lot in the industry have his back now to make him relevant again.

Prae

Pro
Daps
Massacre had a lot of hard songs on it (and it's a certified classic), wrong again you 50 dikk ridin fakkits :russ:

Na that album just didn't go hard for the most part. Hardest songs on that were probably Piggy Bank, Gunz Come Out, In My Hood and I'm Supposed to Die Tonight, and those latter 2 had a more smooth and laid back delivery. Those type of songs were in the minority too. There were no Don't Push Me type of tracks on Massacre.

Definitely not a classic either.

Last edited:

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea but as I pointed out in a later post, 50 cent was bragging about record sales at a time when albums were actually selling. Fat Joe was not selling even when albums were selling - so I don't really see anything wrong with that diss. But I don't see how you can hate on 50 for not selling anymore when nobody at all is selling, regardless of what he emphasized in the past. If he was the only person not selling anymore (while other people are) it would be a legitimate argument against him though.

But you are right about Nas and what makes him relevant.

HHID appeared to take about 2 years to go plat. Untitled seems to have taken 2 or 3 months to go gold.

Fat joe had some plat albums and Jada was coming off a plat album and 50 was making them seem like they wernt relevant

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yea that's true. But I mean I don't really see it as being a good argument for him "falling off" - especially when other people (like Nas) have had their albums sales drop too. If he was the only one experiencing a drop in album sales I could see it being an argument, but that's not the case. I mean a lot of people consider Nas the GOAT and even he's not selling. So I don't think you can fault 50 for not selling, even though he placed a big emphasis on it in the past (when rap actually was selling), just because of how the industry as a whole has gone.

If you can sell 5-6 mil, while someone else only goes gold, that's a legitimate diss (especially when rap has historically focused on money/sales/popularity in disses). But if you're selling 500,000, and someone else is only selling 1 mil, that's not that big of a difference today. Plus it seems like only certain shyt sells these days - and it's not gangta rap, it's poppy garbage.
Fif cant even get a release date though. And aside from die hard stans nobody wants to hear his music. Its deeper than a falloff. 50 exiled himself from the rap game. Not to mention, the richer he got, the more limited and less playful his subject matter/music got. So content wise he fell off too.

aa_2001

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...sooner or later on we all see who the prophet is :ahh:
nasilikesmiley.png
:ahh::wow: