Did know Q-Tip approached Biggie with this beat for Ready To Die, but the album was already finished.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
would have been dope. I wonder why Tip never worked with Biggie. I still can't believe RTD got 4.5 mics. Those mfers were stingy with mics back then. So many classics dropped and after 1990(the year that had four 5-mic albums, and it could have been easily 15-20), they started being stingy.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
would have been dope. I wonder why Tip never worked with Biggie. I still can't believe RTD got 4.5 mics. Those mfers were stingy with mics back then. So many classics dropped and after 1990(the year that had four 5-mic albums, and it could have been easily 15-20), they started being stingy.

The Source got the advanced copy with the OG versions of a lot of those songs on RTD.

I had the same tape from a friend who had a brother who was working at Bad Boy, at the time. The final version of the album was much better. They switched mad samples around and lost the ones they couldn't clear. 4.5 made sense for the OG version of the album.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Big would have floated on this. If Big had lived, it wouldn't have been farfetched to believe that he'd have had several more songs and maybe even an album produced by Tip and Dilla. Big's "Dangerous Mcs" featuring Busta Rhymes was over a Dilla beat. Busta connecting Big to Tip and Dilla to lock in and make music together is one of the biggest what ifs.

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
It wasn’t meant for the Ready to Die but instead Life After Death:

The roots of The Love Movement trace back to 1997, when Q-Tip produced a beat intended for The Notorious B.I.G.'s album Life After Death.[1] The Notorious B.I.G. enjoyed the beat when it was played for him, however, Life After Death had already been completed and the beat was not used before his death later that year.[1] Eventually, the beat was used for the song "The Love" on The Love Movement.[1]

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Would've been BIG's "Life's a B*tch" if yall get me. The mellowness of this beat is what just the icing of the cake that the album needed and would've replaced "Friend of mine" Perfectly :ohhh: