Did Game of Thrones prove that people don’t like unconventional endings?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Aight y’all frauding. Maybe y’all nikkas don’t care. People on Reddit and YouTube definitely care :gucci: That’s the top complaint amongst show watchers.
The unconventional ending is a complaint, but it's a complaint that's made louder because of all the annoying shyt they did before it. If the last 2 seasons had been fire, and they still went with an unconventional ending, people wouldn't complain nearly as much as they do now.

It was just one final awful decision on top of a heap of other awful decisions. I think by the time we got to the actual ending moments, we were just ready for it to be over and didn't care anymore.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The conclusion of Jamie's arc was terrible. And Dany's character shift was unearned, they did nothing to sell her turn to a villain. It would've been epic, if they had done it right.

This kills me, she was the villain from the beginning when she violated her husbands traditions and used a witch captive to heal him (who then killed him and destroyed his tribe)

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Are you insinuating that said dragon is incapable of grasping the philosophical and symbolic meaning of burning the iron throne just because hes a fire breathing dragon with no background in political science? Thats prejudice breh :ufdup::mjpls:
Let us not forget that Drogon was the only one of Dany's "children" to survive...The only BLACK Dragon left!!:mjcry:

Hotep-Drogon.png

WE SEE YOU OP :usure::unimpressed::wtb::patrice::martin::wow:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
OP came in with the :cape:and pretty much everyone in the thread hit him with the

CloudySatisfiedGuineafowl.webp

:mjlol:

And the ending wasn't unconventional. It was terribly written, so Benioff and Weiss could run off and get their Star Wars and Confederate checks.

But they got fired from both jobs and then ducked the fade with furious fans at Comic-Con. :dead:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
:scust: YOU MUST HAVE MISSED
THE WHOLE FINAL SEASON.

:mjlol:YOU THINK PPL WERE OUTRAGED
SIMPLY BECAUSE JON GOT
SENT TO LIVE NORTH OF THE WALL?
:devil:
:evil:

Other than fukking around on other shyt, this is why GRRM is taking his sweet ass time finishing the last book. He knows that shyt has to be tight. Especially because I think it's essentially going to end the same way. The showrunners knew where he was going. It's just that in the early seasons, they had the benefit pulling dialog and plot straight from the book. In the case of the final seasons, they knew where he ended up, but didn't have the strategy guide with spoilers on how he got there.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Other than fukking around on other shyt, this is why GRRM is taking his sweet ass time finishing the last book. He knows that shyt has to be tight. Especially because I think it's essentially going to end the same way. The showrunners knew where he was going. It's just that in the early seasons, they had the benefit pulling dialog and plot straight from the book. In the case of the final seasons, they knew where he ended up, but didn't have the strategy guide with spoilers on how he got there.

Basically...he knows that shyt was ass and probably has regrets now

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People hate it because that finale was trash and the Nightking didn't do nearly enough damage for 8 seasons of gotdamn body army assembling :hhh:
this...i'm like, you kow what, maybe they could've gotten away with arya killing dude if we had more episodes like everyone asked for. if we had more episodes of battle - destroy winterfell, the crew has to retreat to another town/kingdom, the white walkers destroying half of westeros until the final battle in the Vale or some shyt...they built up this war only to dead it in one one-hour episode that looks like it was filmed with sunglasses covering the camera lens :shaq2:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
this...i'm like, you kow what, maybe they could've gotten away with arya killing dude if we had more episodes like everyone asked for. if we had more episodes of battle - destroy winterfell, the crew has to retreat to another town/kingdom, the white walkers destroying half of westeros until the final battle in the Vale or some shyt...they built up this war only to dead it in one one-hour episode that looks like it was filmed with sunglasses covering the camera lens :shaq2:
I was thinking about this earlier if him and Snow had at least 1 or 2 legitimate sword battles leading to a wound that Arya would eventually take advantage of. Agreed there should've been more white walker damage throughout the kingdoms:snoop:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I think they were trying to subvert the trope of the kid born into nothing finding out he was actually important, becoming the King and defeating the Big Bad. So they had his sister kill the villain, had his brother become king and made it so at the end of the story his birthright to the throne meant nothing as he ended up with the Wildings, which is like going to live with Eskimos. Shyt was trash :manny:

I’ve read theories that the reason why Jon’s ending is so wack is because he’s supposed to die for real in the books. He comes back to life, leads Westeros past the Night King but Faegon (the fake prince) kills Jon (the real prince) and Faegon…having taken Cersei’s place in the book as the King of Westeros…fights a pissed off Dany in a “Dance of Dragons” scenario. Im assuming somehow Dany wins but still goes mad with Jon dying. And barbecues King’s Landing. Then Bran becomes King. That’s what the hardcore book readers think. But because Faegon was never introduced, an important character is missing :manny:
Books never finna be finish
full