Did Game of Thrones prove that people don’t like unconventional endings?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t care if the story is unconventional and not what was mostly expected as long as it made sense how it got there, this is kind of a weird thread because it seems like you’re saying the ending is why it gets universally shyt on, not the 4 final episodes crammed with abysmal writing and inconsistencies that constantly seemed like they were going out of their way to undo 7 seasons worth of story and character building

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight y’all frauding. Maybe y’all nikkas don’t care. People on Reddit and YouTube definitely care :gucci: That’s the top complaint amongst show watchers.

This is bullshyt. Viewers just don't know what they want it's as simple as that.

People begged for the dragons to become of age to start tearing shyt up and when they got it, they thought it was too much so they complained. They're fukkin dragons. What did people expect?

and these are just flat out wrong takes lol

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This is bullshyt. Viewers just don't know what they want it's as simple as that.

People begged for the dragons to become of age to start tearing shyt up and when they got it, they thought it was too much so they complained. They're fukkin dragons. What did people expect?
This is what I've said the entire time, ppl dont know what they want

Daps
Greatest GOT Season 8 rant of all time was 78SportsTV & and his wife.

I'm glad I saved that shyt before he made it private. Straight tears.

"One thing about Grey Worm. He knew how to eat the hell out of that coochie."

"fukk Bran. He planned this shyt from the beginning. That muthafukka can walk. If that muthafukka can fly, he can walk."

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I don’t care if the story is unconventional and not what was mostly expected as long as it made sense how it got there, this is kind of a weird thread because it seems like you’re saying the ending is why it gets universally shyt on, not the 4 final episodes crammed with abysmal writing and inconsistencies that constantly seemed like they were going out of their way to undo 7 seasons worth of story and character building
I was one of the holdouts still defending the hell out of it until the Night King battle. Did all that building up this huge enemy that they've literally built up since the very first episode and it takes pass with hardly any casualties of note and the Night King killed off so easily.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was one of the holdouts still defending the hell out of it until the Night King battle. Did all that building up this huge enemy that they've literally built up since the very first episode and it takes pass with hardly any casualties of note and the Night King killed off so easily.
The episode before that made it seem like there were going to be bodies dropping.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA

I don't think anyone complained about the dragons.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
there was no way to finish the story in a a satisfying manner in less than 10 full length seasons

as soon as i saw the last two seasons were 7 and 6 episodes, i knew shyt was off. it looked good tho.

I just don't get it. The love was still there. If we were on season 9 right now and shooting had to be postoponed due to covid people would have been ok with it and waited and it would be THE most anticipated show besides Invincible season 2. (in an alternate universe where season 7 wasnt mid) Those ding dongs blew it

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Aria jumping out the tree and 1 shotting the NK pretty much killed the show. Breh was built up as the GOT Thanos for 8 seasons and got killed by a kid with a dagger.

:hhh:

GOT ended so poorly , I STILL have not watched the final episode. I was a die hard fan, rewatched seasons 1-4 multiple times and tried hard to keep the faith for the show.

Still have not seen the finale. The water cooler and social media buzz made it clear it was a disaster.

:unimpressed:

I dont even rewatch the show anymore, i think it was one of the biggest let downs of television of all time. I even used to watch Lost, and that show at least had to decency to die fast . I remember watching the final season premier and i was like ya,,.. this is dead, i have no reason to see anymore.

:pacspit:

I coulda wrote that season better,,, shows most people in Hollywood behind the scenes dont deserve their position.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Aria jumping out the tree and 1 shotting the NK pretty much killed the show. Breh was built up as the GOT Thanos for 8 seasons and got killed by a kid with a dagger.

:hhh:

GOT ended so poorly , I STILL have not watched the final episode. I was a die hard fan, rewatched seasons 1-4 multiple times and tried hard to keep the faith for the show.

Still have not seen the finale. The water cooler and social media buzz made it clear it was a disaster.

:unimpressed:

I dont even rewatch the show anymore, i think it was one of the biggest let downs of television of all time. I even used to watch Lost, and that show at least had to decency to die fast . I remember watching the final season premier and i was like ya,,.. this is dead, i have no reason to see anymore.

:pacspit:

I coulda wrote that season better,,, shows most people in Hollywood behind the scenes dont deserve their position.
Don’t watch the last episode breh. I wished I never did. It was fukking terrible