Did Game of Thrones prove that people don’t like unconventional endings?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching this scene right now where Ned finds his sister and Jon as a baby. It’s probably one of the greatest reveals of all time in a fantasy tv show :wow: and it ends up being all for naught as Jon gets banished at the end of the show. I think this proves we like the familiar cliche ending. Bruh should’ve been King at the end :yeshrug:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Watching this scene right now where Ned finds his sister and Jon as a baby. It’s probably one of the greatest reveals of all time in a fantasy tv show :wow: and it ends up being all for naught as Jon gets banished at the end of the show. I think this proves we like the familiar cliche ending. Bruh should’ve been King at the end :yeshrug:

Game of Thrones ending is not shyt on for being unconventional. It's shyt on for being nonsensical. Even if you kept everything as was, but just have Jon be king instead, it would still be the worst season of any prestige drama ever.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No
We like endings that make sense
Like if the dragon burned jon after seeing him with his dead mother. Instead the dragon burned the throne.
:snoop:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
No
We like endings that make sense
Like if the dragon burned jon after seeing him with his dead mother. Instead the dragon burned the throne.

Are you insinuating that said dragon is incapable of grasping the philosophical and symbolic meaning of burning the iron throne just because hes a fire breathing dragon with no background in political science? Thats prejudice breh :ufdup::mjpls:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you insinuating that said dragon is incapable of grasping the philosophical and symbolic meaning of burning the iron throne just because hes a fire breathing dragon with no background in political science? Thats prejudice breh :ufdup::mjpls:

Lol

Also why the fukk didn't graywrom kill jon snow

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust: YOU MUST HAVE MISSED
THE WHOLE FINAL SEASON.

:mjlol:YOU THINK PPL WERE OUTRAGED
SIMPLY BECAUSE JON GOT
SENT TO LIVE NORTH OF THE WALL?
:devil:
:evil:

Aight y’all frauding. Maybe y’all nikkas don’t care. People on Reddit and YouTube definitely care :gucci: That’s the top complaint amongst show watchers.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Aight y’all frauding. Maybe y’all nikkas don’t care. People on Reddit and YouTube definitely care :gucci: That’s the top complaint amongst show watchers.
:mjlol: WHERE DID THIS
nikka COME FROM?

WITH EACH EPISODE
THE SEASON GOT WORSE & WORSE.

YOU NEED TO LOOK UP
THE SEASON THREAD.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No need. I’m on Reddit in the Asoiaf, GOT and Freefolk subreddits so I know what people saying breh. This was from a couple days ago.

Meme is hilarious though :dead: :mjlol:

EXACTLY ARIA KILLED
THE NIGHT KING
IN LIKE THE 3RD EPISODE...
NOT THE FINALE.

THE WHOLE SEASON WAS A MESS.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka got sent to the wall. By grey worm. Who holds no authority in westeros.

shyt was trash and made 0 sense. Nothing about unconventional.

I think they were trying to subvert the trope of the kid born into nothing finding out he was actually important, becoming the King and defeating the Big Bad. So they had his sister kill the villain, had his brother become king and made it so at the end of the story his birthright to the throne meant nothing as he ended up with the Wildings, which is like going to live with Eskimos. Shyt was trash :manny:

D&D proved they weren't shyt with GRRM's DETAILED source material.

you'd think they would have been able to write some compelling shyt having the outline.

Guess not :francis:

I’ve read theories that the reason why Jon’s ending is so wack is because he’s supposed to die for real in the books. He comes back to life, leads Westeros past the Night King but Faegon (the fake prince) kills Jon (the real prince) and Faegon…having taken Cersei’s place in the book as the King of Westeros…fights a pissed off Dany in a “Dance of Dragons” scenario. Im assuming somehow Dany wins but still goes mad with Jon dying. And barbecues King’s Landing. Then Bran becomes King. That’s what the hardcore book readers think. But because Faegon was never introduced, an important character is missing :manny:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I believe so but there were some trash elements in the last couple seasons; giving Arya cheat code skills after 1 year at ninja school and making Sansa General Patton after getting buttfukked on her wedding night for example.

But I think a lot of people weren't paying attention to the story and started thinking Daenerys was a good guy. So a lot of them were upset about how it ended (which IMO was foreshadowed "whenever there are 2 Targaryens one of them goes crazy"). Said it before, but people wanted their snow bunny to have a fantasy wedding but shyt was another way.