Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Why do yall want this country fans validation ? Alot of these country folks are bigots and racists who love trump , they will spit on the average person and say racial slurs and insults , this fans black folks want are the same folks who whine about black on black crime or crime in chicago. There is a fine line between pandering and trying to get involve in country ..

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
My thing is how many times have we seen white artists pivot from rap to country?

What's good for the goose...:yeshrug:
It rarely happens mainly because how fickle country music fans are as there have been people like Miley Cyrus and Justin Timberlake that country music completely bombed when they tried it and laughed off.

Honestly, people like Jelly Roll and Post Malone shouldn't have been allowed to rap by people in the first place to prevent this situation from happening after reaping the benefits.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Anyway Black Americans taking back their culture and country is one them. Now I can listen to country some with soul/flavor in it :obama:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
and why someone Chris Stapleton is as popular as he is as he reminds people of the OG country.

Something many younger people might not be aware of is that the white "OG Country" acts grew up singing "Black" Gospel and Negro spirituals.

^^in that video you got a who's who of early white country music (Johnny Cash with The Carter Family & The Statler Brothers)

^Cash w/ the Carter Family signing another negro spiritual

^^Bill Monroe (Bluegrass) singing a negro spiritual

can't for these popular negro spirituals

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/6
Azealia has quite a bit to say about Cowboy Carter lol

2/6
She wasn't done but some points were kinda made here lol

3/6
I did cause I was intrigued

4/6
I was with her on that!

5/6
the latter

6/6
I just put Tuesday under the tweet lmao
GJGlAm-XgAAbzKp.jpg

GJGlB3QWwAAR7Bx.jpg

GJGlCr4XQAAS7qG.jpg

GJGlDSKWcAAh8Fg.jpg

1/1
Azealia was spot on, add Taylor to the list
GJFqw8gWYAAMSak.jpg

GJGfCN5XgAAxyXj.jpg

GJHUv9xWkAACyIk.jpg

GJHUv9vXsAEo91D.jpg

GJHUv9yXoAAUvbl.jpg

1/7
Azealia Banks should genuinely write a book of cultural criticism. A short cute straight to paperback classic

2/7
Azealia Banks should genuinely write a book of cultural criticism. A short cute straight to paperback classic

3/7
She should call it Bank Notes

4/7
She rarely misses honestly, the more unhinged it is the more truth in it

5/7
Yes absolutely

6/7
Decimate the housing market in other people’s cities so you can live in your own preferred city. The British dream

7/7
I personally think the smart play if you want to live in London is to buy up a bunch of large property outside london, rent it out room by room & use the proceeds to cover all the mortgages + the place in London. x.com/rowkelz/status…

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

1/6
Azealia has quite a bit to say about Cowboy Carter lol

2/6
She wasn't done but some points were kinda made here lol

3/6
I did cause I was intrigued

4/6
I was with her on that!

5/6
the latter

6/6
I just put Tuesday under the tweet lmao
GJGlAm-XgAAbzKp.jpg

GJGlB3QWwAAR7Bx.jpg

GJGlCr4XQAAS7qG.jpg

GJGlDSKWcAAh8Fg.jpg

1/1
Azealia was spot on, add Taylor to the list
GJFqw8gWYAAMSak.jpg

GJGfCN5XgAAxyXj.jpg

GJHUv9xWkAACyIk.jpg

GJHUv9vXsAEo91D.jpg

GJHUv9yXoAAUvbl.jpg

1/7

2/7

3/7
She should call it Bank Notes

4/7
She rarely misses honestly, the more unhinged it is the more truth in it

5/7
Yes absolutely

6/7
Decimate the housing market in other people’s cities so you can live in your own preferred city. The British dream

7/7
I personally think the smart play if you want to live in London is to buy up a bunch of large property outside london, rent it out room by room & use the proceeds to cover all the mortgages + the place in London. x.com/rowkelz/status…

Its like nobody has been paying attention to Beyonce or Jays music for over the years. White acceptance under the guise of black excellence has always been their thing.