Did anyone ever have an unrequited love?

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
we got too many pimps, players, dime piece bagging, 100k a year making men on here to be able to relate to something like this :manny:

:heh: Maybe. But I guarantee that even if these guys' stories were true, they'd have some hidden emotional scar that led them to be how they were to begin with.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This was helped along in my case by self-improvement. I hit the gym harder, hit the books harder, got into a good law school, tried to develop a better personality, got my money/style right, got a better car, just all around starting doing everything in my power to strengthen my mind and my body. Treating myself so well, and by that I mean putting myself through the figurative blast furnace in order to forge a better person out of myself, I ended up with an end result that was not only an improved person, but someone I realized was worth valuing all along. Realizing I should value myself, I began to do it and others noticed.

Keep in mind, this was real in the sense that it came as a result of commitment to making myself a better person. This wasn't some superficial pomp and bluster. Love sometimes, maybe always, has to be something that you earn from yourself. You have to prove that you're worth it to yourself before you can genuinely put yourself out there for anyone else.

:myman:

I am struggling in the gym and eating healthy department.

I'm off and on with it....

I got my money right, new car, been shopping like crazy lately, going out more, work is good, etc....just gotta stay focused outchea

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I thought this thread was about unrequited love, not bad break-ups? :dwillhuh:

grouplaugh.gif

Which can also include a situation being fcked up to the point where past love or feelings, becomes unrequited or one-sided.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
no not all :wtf:

My former roommates friend shot himself int he chest over the summer because of this.....and a good friend of mine (female) is sad as fukk because this dude doesnt like her back.....

im over all my exes, the thread idea just crossed my mind breh :yeshrug:

U lost me here...

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sheeeeeit I'm still trying to put a specific girl in my rearview. shyt really fukks with you, it's been over 4 years since I cut off communication with her.

It kinda haunts you, I can't tell you how many times I've woken up mid-REM because she appears in whatever location I'm at in my dreams. We don't ever say shyt in the dream she just finds me across a crowded room and throws daggers at me with her eyes.

I never woulda thought a girl could have such a drastic effect on my psyche :to:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Sheeeeeit I'm still trying to put a specific girl in my rearview. shyt really fukks with you, it's been over 4 years since I cut off communication with her.

It kinda haunts you, I can't tell you how many times I've woken up mid-REM because she appears in whatever location I'm at in my dreams. We don't ever say shyt in the dream she just finds me across a crowded room and throws daggers at me with her eyes.

I never woulda thought a girl could have such a drastic effect on my psyche :to:

how did you find out she aint feel the same way about you? :sadbron:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I have had an unrequited love. She was beautiful. My intellectual equal. Really beautiful. Smooth, soft skin, long legs, and a soft voice. There was an intense electricity between us when we kissed. We were starved for time with each other.

I don't want to go into meaningless details about it. Caught feelings pretty early, started trying really hard to do everything in my power to show that I was every bit the man that she should want and deserve, and like most relationships, it ended. Sparked back up a few years later, but I still couldn't let go of how dirty she did me. Really dirty, but I still loved her. That conflict was extremely unbearable. Again, it ended. I've moved on from being hung up on her specifically, but @No_bammer_weed has a great point. I really wish I was able to get past how things went down between us...

We live in an individualistic society. That means that the phrase, "To learn how to love others, you must first love yourself," carries a lot of weight. It means pushing past lots of personal hangups, commitment to self-improvement, and a conscious understanding that you are part of a two-person relationship. If I were to have a conversation with myself ten years ago, I would definitely include this gem in there.

That's why boards like this exist. We come to vent, give advice, share experiences, and revel in honesty regarding these issues. As men, it's not like we talk about this kind of stuff in person all the time, or at all, in a face to face setting. This is what we've got. I value it and try to contribute as best I can.

I'm not above putting my "real" self out there for fear of getting hurt. It's just not my nature to put up personal walls like that. Ask my friends that know me in real life, like @No_bammer_weed. Lack of a front actually adds to my appeal in both platonic friendships and romantic relationships. Even if it's a short-term relationship, I always like to put myself in a position where I can think well of the woman that I had the opportunity to explore and experience after our time together. Why wouldn't I?

Anyway, this thread has great potential. Let's not judge each other for our pasts, especially if we can learn something from one another.

Five stars.

:salute:

you make consistently good points :whoo:

anyways to answer the question, yes I have. she kinda led me on tbh, and I fell hard. There's still a little feelings there, although it's fading

Last edited by a moderator:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I could tell y'all a personal story about this but it'll take up too much space.

And by the end of it you'd think I was crazy

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Are yall %100 sure all these are accounts of unrequited love and not an extremely bruised ego due to not "possesing" that person you wanted

To me if you not willing to die for that person it aint really love

But I see the direction of the thread though. Good stories in here

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
I did... then she came back around like a year later... wanted me... then we got back together... then i cheated on her was totallly ready to throw her in the bushes for a better girl but she broke up with me first :to:... my friend stays in contact with her and told me that she's been trying to get in contact with me... so i gave him an old email i dont really use for her to get at me... at first i was pumped... but almost a month has past and i still havent even opened the email account...

YBE

Banned
Daps
Are yall %100 sure all these are accounts of unrequited love and not an extremely bruised ego due to not "possesing" that person you wanted

To me if you not willing to die for that person it aint really love

But I see the direction of the thread though. Good stories in here

When you really, really love someone, you just want the best for them. You want them to be happy even if its not with you........but, you rather it be with you tho :wow: You know how on movies/tv shows, a dude has that former girlfriend that pops in & out of their lives and it goes on for years and years.

Well, I had a girl like that. I guess I always assumed we'd work it out when we were done being young and stupid. Like some Love & Basketball shyt, well in our movie, Monica got married to some older dude & is expecting her second child :damn: Now, I understand that Carl Thomas joint alot more :heh:

It is what it is tho :manny: