Did anyone ever have an unrequited love?

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
stupid question

I'm sure that about 98% of so called "love" people have for each other is unrequited.

Infact every relationship I've ever been in my entire life (except for one) was just chicks I didn't really give a sh1t about who happen to just fall in my lap. (on some you're here so why not, type sh1t) :ehh:

9 times outta 10 the person u REALLY want is usually unattainable for whatever reasons.

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
wat

You're going to have to explain this one in more detail.

this was in high school. i would go park near to her home every morning and watch her get into her car every morning to drive to school.

i even tried my best to have my classes changed to get on the team schedule she was on.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
stupid question

I'm sure that about 98% of so called "love" people have for each other is unrequited.

Infact every relationship I've ever been in my entire life (except for one) was just chicks I didn't really gave a sh1t about who happen to just fall in my lap.

9 times outta 10 the person u REALLY want is usually unattainable for whatever reasons.

:what:

How is it a stupid question if at least one of the "98%" never know they're love isnt reciprocated? :whistle:

I thought it was a good original topic for us to discuss :angry:

and here we go with the coli statisticians :comeon:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I have had an unrequited love. She was beautiful. My intellectual equal. Really beautiful. Smooth, soft skin, long legs, and a soft voice. There was an intense electricity between us when we kissed. We were starved for time with each other.

I don't want to go into meaningless details about it. Caught feelings pretty early, started trying really hard to do everything in my power to show that I was every bit the man that she should want and deserve, and like most relationships, it ended. Sparked back up a few years later, but I still couldn't let go of how dirty she did me. Really dirty, but I still loved her. That conflict was extremely unbearable. Again, it ended. I've moved on from being hung up on her specifically, but @No_bammer_weed has a great point. I really wish I was able to get past how things went down between us...

We live in an individualistic society. That means that the phrase, "To learn how to love others, you must first love yourself," carries a lot of weight. It means pushing past lots of personal hangups, commitment to self-improvement, and a conscious understanding that you are part of a two-person relationship. If I were to have a conversation with myself ten years ago, I would definitely include this gem in there.

That's why boards like this exist. We come to vent, give advice, share experiences, and revel in honesty regarding these issues. As men, it's not like we talk about this kind of stuff in person all the time, or at all, in a face to face setting. This is what we've got. I value it and try to contribute as best I can.

I'm not above putting my "real" self out there for fear of getting hurt. It's just not my nature to put up personal walls like that. Ask my friends that know me in real life, like @No_bammer_weed. Lack of a front actually adds to my appeal in both platonic friendships and romantic relationships. Even if it's a short-term relationship, I always like to put myself in a position where I can think well of the woman that I had the opportunity to explore and experience after our time together. Why wouldn't I?

Anyway, this thread has great potential. Let's not judge each other for our pasts, especially if we can learn something from one another.

Five stars.

:salute:

Great post :salute:

And what you said is true:
"To learn how to love others, you must first love yourself,"

but what if a person can never learn to love themselves :ohhh:

I fear I'm having this problem now...I'm working toward correcting it, but I am always sidetracked :snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammer

Banned
Daps
:ohlawd:

I know I've been MIA lately, but I'm back breh :myman:

TD_Jakes_2.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
:what:

How is it a stupid question if at least one of the "98%" never know they're love isnt reciprocated? :whistle:

I thought it was a good original topic for us to discuss :angry:

and here we go with the coli statisticians :comeon:

It is a good topic. It's actually something I wish would get brought up more often on this forum because there's no actual space anywhere else for men to do this.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It is a good topic. It's actually something I wish would get brought up more often on this forum because there's no actual space anywhere else for men to do this.

we got too many pimps, players, dime piece bagging, 100k a year making men on here to be able to relate to something like this :manny:

Daps
have u tried committing that?

:ehh:

Not at all. I have a fulfilling life ahead of me. I think the thing I'm trying to let go is not necessarily him, but the fact that I wasted so much time putting my best foot forward for something that was doomed from the start.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Great post :salute:

And what you said is true:

but what if a person can never learn to love themselves :ohhh:

I fear I'm having this problem now...I'm working toward correcting it, but I am always sidetracked :snoop:

This was helped along in my case by self-improvement. I hit the gym harder, hit the books harder, got into a good law school, tried to develop a better personality, got my money/style right, got a better car, just all around starting doing everything in my power to strengthen my mind and my body. Treating myself so well, and by that I mean putting myself through the figurative blast furnace in order to forge a better person out of myself, I ended up with an end result that was not only an improved person, but someone I realized was worth valuing all along. Realizing I should value myself, I began to do it and others noticed.

Keep in mind, this was real in the sense that it came as a result of commitment to making myself a better person. This wasn't some superficial pomp and bluster. Love sometimes, maybe always, has to be something that you earn from yourself. You have to prove that you're worth it to yourself before you can genuinely put yourself out there for anyone else.