DF Weekly: If Xbox Series X is more powerful, why do some PS5 games run better? We finally have some answers.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They playing Hellblade 2 and they the new gears, both look better than horizon adventures.

Sony also routinely runs their games at lower resolutions to achieve slightly better frame rates in a handful of games. If you have gsync or Vrr then Xbox wins mostly on the games it has issues with.

But the differences are minor and not something you'd notice. I do notice you have to pay full price for most games if you want to play them. I'm cool with 3 less frames per second :hhh:
Series X is only impressive on paper. :manny:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Series X is only impressive on paper. :manny:
There's never been a console that has offered more for the consumer than the series x with Gamepass... ever

It's so successful that you clowns openly wish it fails. Activision deal is dead, every game is trash so black ops 6 is boring. MLB the show in Gamepass killed it for you clowns. And all you have to look forward to is a Lego game. That shyt could be day one Gamepass and I wouldn't play that bulshyt :laff:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
By digital foundries own admission Xbox offers the better experience, the hell are yall even stanning in here :dahell:
That said, of course there is value in the approach Microsoft has taken: by standardising on DirectX 12 and the DXR ray tracing API, there is a commonality with PC development that obviously helps game makers. And of course, Xbox does still have more compute throughput - so game engines that tap into that will see advantages. Additionally, there are situations where the Xbox ecosystem and feature set yields dividends. For example, while Elden Ring may run faster on PlayStation 5, Sony's limited implementation of variable refresh rate support means that we'd much rather play the game on Xbox Series X - it's just a smoother and more consistent experience.
:pachaha:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
People trashed the PS5's lightning fast and efficient design because the numbers on paper were lower than what MS released. I wonder what they have to say now?
Efficiency >>> Raw Theorotical Horsepower

Said this from the jump when the games started dropping

That's the case with most everything as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Efficiency >>> Raw Theorotical Horsepower

Said this from the jump when the games started dropping

That's the case with most everything as well.

Yep, not only that but sony has redesigned the internals 3 times already and make more money per console because it’s just an all around better designed console.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Isn't a major reason for some of the discrepancy due to PS5 being the lead platform? There's most likely features and other stuff they skip on the series x due to it not being the lead platform. It makes sense to focus on PS5 when the gap is 2.5:1

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Isn't a major reason for some of the discrepancy due to PS5 being the lead platform? There's most likely features and other stuff they skip on the series x due to it not being the lead platform. It makes sense to focus on PS5 when the gap is 2.5:1

Thats part of it, but another part of it is the I/O architecture of the ps5, and its an all around easier platform to develop for.

When xbox not only has such a small install base but the anchor known as the series s wrapped around its neck, its not worth the effort

Xbox series x is basically like trunks when he tried to go super sayain 2, it just wasn’t efficient use of power. Mark Cerny literally explained this design philosophy in the road to PS5 discussion.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Thats part of it, but another part of it is the I/O architecture of the ps5, and its an all around easier platform to develop for.

When xbox not only has such a small install base but the anchor known as the series s wrapped around its neck, its not worth the effort

Xbox series x is basically like trunks when he tried to go super sayain 2, it just wasn’t efficient use of power
Look bruh, stop it. These systems are relatively identical and you're explaining like if we're dealing with the cell processor :stop:

What Sony claimed would be the difference was a lie. The HDD is not this gateway to gaming excellence. It's a system that couldn't have more than a handful of pedestrians on screen in cyberpunk. But this design you speak of, you giving all this praise for a system that sometimes runs a game better. Other times worse. That's just how it is with systems that are about equal overall. You making this big deal about that is you doing too much. It's like you purposely lie because it's MANDATORY!!! Ratchet and clank can only be done on PlayStation. Your HDD is like better to the point ratchet and clank exist based off what it can do :banderas: and you know horizon adventures gonna be a pristine 4k-ish 60fps IN ALL FOUR SCREENS. Eat up, it's a buffet over there, congratulations :handshake: