Dexter should have ended here.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have nothing to add other than saying that the actress who played Astor is currently PAWGIN:ehh:

XN4Lktcl.jpg
avGGNNq_700b.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Season 3 gets a lot of undeserved hate and is an overall solid season barring a wack finale. Miguel is the main antagonist and he kills his role. The Skinner is a nice idea for a plot device and the character itself is fine, but he's completely overshadowed by Miguel and ends up being more of a sub boss than final boss.

Season 5's biggest sin is coming after THAT ending from Season 4. There's all these places you can go after that and they go the exact opposite of what anyone expected or wanted. Despite that, it's also an overall solid season barring them getting cold feet in the finale. RoboCop and Blue held it down.

-6 has good ideas but is generally messy and bordering on pretty bad, plus most people figured out the twist in the first episode. Great ending scene.

-7 stumbles a bit but seems like the series was trying to find it's footing.

-8 is easily the worst. Renders all those childhood Dexter flashbacks meaningless and takes away any uniqueness Dexter Morgan had. Miami is revealed to essentially be an island of misfit serial killers thanks to this chick's meddlin'. Some laughably bad tv throughout.
Season 7 is the best after the first 4. Not even close. I loved that episode in Season 4 about that crooked female cop who killed her family.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Seasons 1-4 were all piff pretty much, like everyone said after season 4 it should have ended.

Season 5 was all time bad, Julia Stiles had so many hilariously bad scenes and was just laughably bad all through out. She was a bloodthirsty serial killer for like four eps then was like :hubie:I think I'm cured now and dexter was like :ehh:.

The season with Tom Hanks son was awful and had Dexter doing Rambo shyt all throughout.

Last two seasons had a few bright spots but never came close to being a top level drama again. bytch who played Hannah can get it tho, she wasMiranda Lawson too from mass effect so that's bae.
If season five had ended with Deb finding out about Dexter instead of walking out and letting him go (:snoop:), it woulda been OK and they could have closed the show in season six in acceptable fashion.

As it stands, I stopped watching after that cop-out and the show only exists through season four, in my eyes. :hubie:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was not a single interesting character on this show besides Dexter and the Trinity killer. The WOAT supporting cast for a long running television show.

Dexter's sister who was wooden as fukk and whose only personality trait was that she swore a lot

Doakes who was a cartoon character

Miguel Prado, Batistia, Laugerta, Quinn etc. All boring and poorly written trash.

If this show came out in 2017 in the Peak TV era of 500+ shows a year nobody would talk about it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
me and my sons mother were so into this shyt when it was in the early seasons

but the shyt got so cartoonish after a certain point.
:beli:

im really enjoying the book tho.
:ehh:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Showtime has a rep for keeping shows on well past their expiration date
Dex is a perfect example and the series should've ended with Season 4. Dexter met his match in Trinity, Dexter wanted to be Trinity for parts of the seasons, Litghaui acted his ass (combinding menace & charm), Rita got got (the 1st person to convince Dex he could be normal) and cycle could potentially continue with Harrison. But instead we got 4 more seasons with diminishing returns.

Dexter
Shameless
Homeland
Weeds
are all shows that were hurt by being on for too long

Shameless was my favorite show but every season is the same shyt.
Gallaghers fukked up, Gallaghers get their shyt toghter, Gallaghers fukk it up
Rince Repeat

Nah take Homeland off the list...the show has maintained quality (arguably gotten better) as time went by.

Tho that may change with Quinn getting murked :sad: