Dexter should have ended here.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Season 7 was pretty good. It had alot of good cliffhangers..Season 8 should of been him being exposed to everyone...The reaction of Angel and Masuka would of been great moments..especially if he was in the room and they all had that slow motion eye contact reveal moment. It would of great...them realizing he set up Doakes and had been lying and manipulating their investigations for 6 years. They copped out on that part. Lol.

We got robbed BADLY of that reveal moment man.

Just reading your description of how it should've gone down is making me mad :laugh: it could've saved the ending

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Weren't they doing a spin-off of this show?

As far as I know that died off. Michael C. Hall (Dexter) said he had no interest in it whatsoever unless the writing was next level amazing.

Since the finale he's also more or less admitted the final season/finale was trash, so I doubt he has any interest in ever returning to the character. :manny:

Fred.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Season 4 was the GOAT, but its the fact that they kept giving Dexter girlfriends that really ruined it. We get it, he can never have true love or even a pretty wife, but there was no need to hammer it in. I see how the ending "works" but its not cathartic...he's a murderer/psychopath who gets away with it all, and pays the price of losing a sister, brother, and wife. The reason said premise doesn't work, is because he's a psychopath, he can't feel, nor does he want to even try anymore. So its all moot.

The end would work, if he wasn't an emotionless killbot, then you would have a man forever tortured by his actions, either into suicide or depression.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I liked season 2 until the end. They never should've killed off Doakes. Well, not that early in the series I mean.

Fred.
It would of been fun if he stayed alive but it makes sense...he was smarter than everyone about Dexter. Saw through him...It took Laguerta like 5 years to be the next one next to Debra. That's sad. He played the Miami police department same way Batman plays the police. 10 steps ahead except when it came to Doakes.

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
Season 3 gets a lot of undeserved hate and is an overall solid season barring a wack finale. Miguel is the main antagonist and he kills his role. The Skinner is a nice idea for a plot device and the character itself is fine, but he's completely overshadowed by Miguel and ends up being more of a sub boss than final boss.

Season 5's biggest sin is coming after THAT ending from Season 4. There's all these places you can go after that and they go the exact opposite of what anyone expected or wanted. Despite that, it's also an overall solid season barring them getting cold feet in the finale. RoboCop and Blue held it down.

-6 has good ideas but is generally messy and bordering on pretty bad, plus most people figured out the twist in the first episode. Great ending scene.

-7 stumbles a bit but seems like the series was trying to find it's footing.

-8 is easily the worst. Renders all those childhood Dexter flashbacks meaningless and takes away any uniqueness Dexter Morgan had. Miami is revealed to essentially be an island of misfit serial killers thanks to this chick's meddlin'. Some laughably bad tv throughout.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
season 7 was fire, isaac was arguably one of the best characters in the series. obviously the second half of the series was trash, but it was all watchable

know where it should have ended, all things considered? with him and deb driving into the storm. so you assumed that he drove her out and committed suicide/drove into the storm/whatever. i actually thought it was gonna end there while i was watching

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
Showtime has a rep for keeping shows on well past their expiration date
Dex is a perfect example and the series should've ended with Season 4. Dexter met his match in Trinity, Dexter wanted to be Trinity for parts of the seasons, Litghaui acted his ass (combinding menace & charm), Rita got got (the 1st person to convince Dex he could be normal) and cycle could potentially continue with Harrison. But instead we got 4 more seasons with diminishing returns.

Dexter
Shameless
Homeland
Weeds
are all shows that were hurt by being on for too long

Shameless was my favorite show but every season is the same shyt.
Gallaghers fukked up, Gallaghers get their shyt toghter, Gallaghers fukk it up
Rince Repeat

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seasons 1-4 were all piff pretty much, like everyone said after season 4 it should have ended.

Season 5 was all time bad, Julia Stiles had so many hilariously bad scenes and was just laughably bad all through out. She was a bloodthirsty serial killer for like four eps then was like :hubie:I think I'm cured now and dexter was like :ehh:.

The season with Tom Hanks son was awful and had Dexter doing Rambo shyt all throughout.

Last two seasons had a few bright spots but never came close to being a top level drama again. bytch who played Hannah can get it tho, she wasMiranda Lawson too from mass effect so that's bae.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It was just the perfect ending

Harrison being born into blood just like he was, completing the cycle

I can't believe I kept up with it until the garbage ending :snoop:

You probably stuck with it for the coli commentary, I did that with SOA too :pachaha:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I can still hear Batista saying the word "tableau" over and over. The writing was so terrible that season...