Albums Devin The Dude - Acoustic Levitation (Album Discussion Thread)

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
170x170bb.jpg

"Acoustic Levitation" is the forthcoming ninth studio album from Houston rapper Devin The Dude which is slated to be released on March 10th, 2017 by EMPIRE Distribution. The project features guest appearances Tony Mac, Lisa Luv, Rob Quest, Jugg Mugg and Roe Hummin.

Tracklist

1. Can I
2. Are You Goin' My Way (feat. Tony Mac & Lisa Luv)
3. Please Pass That to Me
4. We High Right Now (feat. Rob Quest & Jugg Mugg)
5. By (feat. Tony Mac)
6. Acoustic Levitation
7. I'm in the Galaxy
8. Tonight
9. Apartment #8216
10. It's Cold in Here
11. Due Yo Thang
12. Don't Get Naked
13. You Know I Wantcha!
14. Do You Love Gettin' High

Stream

:ohhh: Missed this thread. Listening right now.

Not even a stan or fan even really, but I respect his style. The tracks he has dine with Snoop and Andre 3000 is good stuff. The title sounds like he gone use some live instruments :ehh:.

That album picture is Third Ward......not far from the crib.

Always forget about Devin when talking about Houston hip hop. He has stayed true to his roots. He sound like Andre 3000, without the verbal dexterity.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
GREAT ALBUM, VERY COHESSIVE, FLOWS ALL THE WAY THROUGH

I CAN TELL SOME FOLKS ON HERE NEVER HEARD HIS "HI LIFE" ALBUM THO.. DEF A SLEEPER

That album is just previously used and leftover tracks that Rap-A-Lot threw together to cash in on him after he left the lable. That mixtape/compilation that he put out was way better than that. Smoke Sessions Vol.1

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
That album is just previously used and leftover tracks that Rap-A-Lot threw together to cash in on him after he left the lable. That mixtape/compilation that he put out was way better than that. Smoke Sessions Vol.1

THAT EXPLAINS WHY ITS SO DOPE

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
this album is fukking dope! Im a casual devin fan but this might be my favorite album of his. Its perfect, its exactly what i want out of a devin album. I never got into his earlier shyt, i listened to them but not much, so theres obviously a reason for that. This album is gonna get heavy heavy burn from me. This shyt is too smooth

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
What is the best Devin album? :jbhmm:

Great question. I may have to start from the beginning.. I remember being way back in North Carolina, early 2000s, seeing some high school friend and he was like you got to check Devin the Dude guy who Dr. Dre is putting out there. I listened to a few tracks for the first time and I wasn't ready, cause I was (and still am) a snobby super miracle lyrical hip hop head..and this guy just wasn't on my wavelength at the time.

As time has progressed I see myself discovering greatness and dopeness that others already knew about. Snowstorm tmrw...early Devin the Dude sounds like a plan...:ehh:

I really appreciate the heavy acoustic guitar in the random tracks I'm listening too...

Last edited: