Albums Devin The Dude - Acoustic Levitation (Album Discussion Thread)

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
I don't think anyone ever did self-conscious, humble hip hop better. Lacville '79, doobie ashtray, anythang, etc. I'll be honest tho I only ever listened to 2-3 album. Didn't realize he had 9 :dwillhuh:
The Dude doesn't make bad music. All of them are good. First 4 are his best, but you can't really go wrong with Devin albums; or Coughee Bros.; or Odd Squad.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
I would say Just Tryin' ta Live because it has some of his best songs ever - i.e. Doobie Ashtray, Just A Man, I-Hi, Some of 'Em, etc.

Crazy that he got two Dr. Dre beats on that album and a Premo beat back when producers were charging top dollar. J Prince must've opened up the wallet for this album...wouldn't be shocked if he paid Dre to get Devin on The Chronic 2001, too.
:mjlol:

nikka Devin is one of the most respected artist in hip hop history. They clearly asked him. You cant pay to be on a Dre album.

I guess he payed to be on R. Kelly and Jay Z's album too? :stopitslime:

And he paid to work with Scarface, Andre 3000, Snoop, Raphael Saadiq also:gucci:

Sometimes i have to laugh at how people think everyone who is widely known is some type of music industry crumb. shyt is way deeper than that.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt

nikka Devin is one of the most respected artist in hip hop history. They clearly asked him. You cant pay to be on a Dre album.

And he paid to work with Scarface, Andre 3000, Snoop, Raphael Saadiq also:gucci:

Sometimes i have to laugh at how people think everyone who is widely known is some type of music industry crumb. shyt is way deeper than that.
Yeah, that was pretty dumb.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Devin was one of the most respected after his first album tho??? And sure, my suggestion that he paid to be on Dre's album could've been dumb...but the other examples you gave don't make sense either. The Chronic 2001 put him out there even more in 99, no doubt.

But Scarface is his labelmate and from the same city, Andre and Snoop were on an album years later after the fame was clear.

He had a Raphael Saadiq feature/production, Nas feature, Xzibit feature and beats from Dre and Premo on his second album in 2002. You intimating he got those as favors in a time when album budgets had labels throwing money around like nothing for fees from colleagues? Stop.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Re: Features

For the most part Devin has had the same group of people featured throughout the years, RAL days: Face, Jugg Mugg and Rob, KB, *insert southern rapper*
Recently it's been dudes from Coughee Brothaz. Those two Coughee Brothaz albums had some joints

@shopthatwrecks please bless us Coli brehs with a random Devin story:gladbron:

no real devin story because he wasnt out there in fukkery...

but i can tell u he is loyal as they come..

odd squad got shelved...odd squad thinkin they gettin a release date...

face schemin...n got devin in face mob

devin never did another face mob album nor did u see face on another album of devin..

devin homeboys got fukked over..he made sure they ate on every single album...

he was smart to..knowin rapalot tactics..he put all the shelved songs on his albums...rapalot couldnt do shyt...

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
no real devin story because he wasnt out there in fukkery...

but i can tell u he is loyal as they come..

odd squad got shelved...odd squad thinkin they gettin a release date...

face schemin...n got devin in face mob

devin never did another face mob album nor did u see face on another album of devin..

devin homeboys got fukked over..he made sure they ate on every single album...

he was smart to..knowin rapalot tactics..he put all the shelved songs on his albums...rapalot couldnt do shyt...

Facemob was turrible, had Devin rappin bout pullin bank capers and shyt smh

I always wanted to interview and ask him about his different careers: (1) early RAL/Odd Squad/Facemob days, (2) early solo career (3) current independent grind

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Facemob was turrible, had Devin rappin bout pullin bank capers and shyt smh

I always wanted to interview and ask him about his different careers: (1) early RAL/Odd Squad/Facemob days, (2) early solo career (3) current independent grind
one reason face shyts on the geto boys...because he wanted face mob to bigger...but nah...