Albums Devin The Dude - Acoustic Levitation (Album Discussion Thread)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What is the best Devin album? :jbhmm:

Jus Tryin' ta Live is his best work imo. shyt was creative, honest, and had probably one of my favorite close out tracks of all time

Close contender is To Tha X-treme mainly because it had the most chill tracks and had some creative aspects to the album.

This shyt still bangs :blessed:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Jus Tryin' ta Live is his best work imo. shyt was creative, honest, and had probably one of my favorite close out tracks of all time

Close contender is To Tha X-treme mainly because it had the most chill tracks and had some creative aspects to the album.

This shyt still bangs :blessed:

for me just tryin ta live
to the extreme
the dude
it's a toss up after that...

just tryin ta live was my shyt for a long ass time. very solid album. I tried to put nikkaz on but back then it wasn't nearly as many people tryna hear that shyt up north.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
for me just tryin ta live
to the extreme
the dude
it's a toss up after that...

just tryin ta live was my shyt for a long ass time. very solid album. I tried to put nikkaz on but back then it wasn't nearly as many people tryna hear that shyt up north.

Sounds like pretty much the same for me concerning The Dude being on the list as well. Good album, but it felt like it was missing something. The second album brought out the best of him due to it being cohesive.

It's like this...

The Dude was a Rap a Lot album, Just Tryin Ta Live was Devin's album.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Re: Features

For the most part Devin has had the same group of people featured throughout the years, RAL days: Face, Jugg Mugg and Rob, KB, *insert southern rapper*
Recently it's been dudes from Coughee Brothaz. Those two Coughee Brothaz albums had some joints

@shopthatwrecks please bless us Coli brehs with a random Devin story:gladbron:

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
Re: Features

For the most part Devin has had the same group of people featured throughout the years, RAL days: Face, Jugg Mugg and Rob, KB, *insert southern rapper*
Recently it's been dudes from Coughee Brothaz. Those two Coughee Brothaz albums had some joints

@shopthatwrecks please bless us Coli brehs with a random Devin story:gladbron:

fukk having joints, those albums are incredibly good. Just really fun albums to listen to whenever you need something to pick you up.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I would say Just Tryin' ta Live because it has some of his best songs ever - i.e. Doobie Ashtray, Just A Man, I-Hi, Some of 'Em, etc.

Crazy that he got two Dr. Dre beats on that album and a Premo beat back when producers were charging top dollar. J Prince must've opened up the wallet for this album...wouldn't be shocked if he paid Dre to get Devin on The Chronic 2001, too.
Wasn't he the only feature on Best of Both Worlds. ?

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
I don't think anyone ever did self-conscious, humble hip hop better. Lacville '79, doobie ashtray, anythang, etc. I'll be honest tho I only ever listened to 2-3 album. Didn't realize he had 9 :dwillhuh: