Devil in a Blue Dress turning 25

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
The whole series would be great for streaming. One of my all time favorite writers. Denzel's son would be perfect....Devil in a Blue Dress may be my favorite Denzel performance after Malcolm X. I've read most of the Easy Rawlins books and I picture only picture Denzel as him. Same with Malcolm X when I see him I see Denzel

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
She looked like she had some good p*ssy.
She does in every movie she's in. Even as a hoodrat in Jason's Lyric

3859934a326e2c87d63665dfcdf6c509_XL.jpg

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched it for the first time ever. Dope movie. I really liked the setting and vibe of it. Took you back to another time

Daps
Probably my favorite Don Cheadle performance even though it was a small part, everyone got a homie like mouse. Maybe not to that degree but we all know some a nikka like that.

Easy: “What happened?”
Mouse: “I had no time to be tying him up, Easy.”
Easy: “What?”
Mouse: “You just said don’t shoot him, right?”
Easy: “That’s right.”
Mouse: “Well, I didn’t, I just — I choked him.” :troll:
Mouse: “Well, how am I gonna help you out if I’m back here fooling around with him now? Easy, look, if you ain’t want him killed, why did you leave him with me?” :ehh:

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Probably my favorite Don Cheadle performance even though it was a small part, everyone got a homie like mouse. Maybe not to that degree but we all know some a nikka like that.

Easy: “What happened?”
Mouse: “I had no time to be tying him up, Easy.”
Mouse: “You just said don’t shoot him, right?”
Easy: “That’s right.”
Mouse: “Well, I didn’t, I just — I choked him.” :troll:
Mouse: “Well, how am I gonna help you out if I’m back here fooling around with him now? Easy, look, if you ain’t want him killed, why did you leave him with me?” :ehh:
Ppl have gotten Oscar's for less time than he was on screen especially before the 2000s. He killed that role. Even stole the show from Denzel in some scenes. But like I've said before the whole Easy Rawlins universe should've been created because those are some great books

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
They were supposed to make actually make an Easy Rawlins franchise but Devil underperformed at the box office

it's a blassic tho :francis:

one of the top blassics I might add

I remember reading those Easy Rawlins series all through high school.

And as far as Denzel being too old to play the role there's some more recent books in the series where Easy is older and I think he could pull it off :ehh:

As much as I want to like his son, I think he'd have nowhere near the charisma playing the role as his dad does.