Developers are trash talking the Series S at Gamescom

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
cuz was all in the other thread telling me I ain't know what I was talking about with the difficulties of the S due to technical limitations.

Mans was sure he knew what the fukk he was talking about.

Then literal game developers - multiple - say that shyt and it's 'lol, no one cares about them little studios'... like them little studios aren't the only thing propping up that games-as-a-service-as-a-service tax write-off pretending to be Netflix of Video Gaming.

Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic?
Do the devs not matter, or are they all that matters?

Because listening to one dev because he's praising the company that now writes his checks while ignoring other devs who are literally refusing money to avoid needing to deal with the S makes hella sense, huh? :stopitslime:

Some people have literal psychological disorders over this shyt.

nikkas ain't stans. They're sycophants.

"Piss on my head and tell me it's rain, Phil! :feedme:"-ass nikkas.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
They literally call themselves indie on their Twitter page lmao
...If Dylan's top 5 is Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan... does that make Dylan top 5 to everyone else?
Saying something and being something are different.

That said, most studios are technically independent. Size isn't a signifier of independence at all. De Jure independence is real.
However, most studios of a certain size are De Facto non-indie. Because they rely on platform-makers to remain solvent. The second you can't pay all your bills and staff unless that check clears from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/EA... you aren't independent anymore.

You're a kept commodity. A trophy wife.

It's like IG girls talmbout their independence and 'getting it on my own' while having sugardaddies. Can't say you pay all your own bills if you paying it with money someone else gives you to keep your lights on :yeshrug: And most these 'indie' studios now have businessdaddies.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They literally call themselves indie on their Twitter page lmao
Touche

I still don't consider them a indie studio. 400+ is a fairly large team. They're making AAA games now.

:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Touche

I still don't consider them a indie studio. 400+ is a fairly large team. They're making AAA games now.

I mean, they are independent but people use the term “indie” to describe actual small studios like Team Cherry, not studios like Larian or CDPR. It’s semantics

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
...If Dylan's top 5 is Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan and Dylan... does that make Dylan top 5 to everyone else?
Saying something and being something are different.

That said, most studios are technically independent. Size isn't a signifier of independence at all. De Jure independence is real.
However, most studios of a certain size are De Facto non-indie. Because they rely on platform-makers to remain solvent. The second you can't pay all your bills and staff unless that check clears from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/EA... you aren't independent anymore.

You're a kept commodity. A trophy wife.

It's like IG girls talmbout their independence and 'getting it on my own' while having sugardaddies. Can't say you pay all your own bills if you paying it with money someone else gives you to keep your lights on :yeshrug: And most these 'indie' studios now have businessdaddies.

I'm not reading that. They're indie. They call themselves indie. They participate in indie gaming showcases.

Them being a great indie team doesn't suddenly make them not indie. I'm sure they wear that badge with pride.

Touche

Sure but they themselves pride themselves on being indie. But I feel you.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'm not reading that. They're indie. They call themselves indie. They participate in indie gaming showcases.

Them being a great indie team doesn't suddenly make them not indie. I'm sure they wear that badge with pride.

Sure but they themselves pride themselves on being indie. But I feel you.
none of y'all nikkas on 'team green' like words, huh
There aren't even that many of them.
And almost half of them were functionally agreeing with you. Which you'd know. If you... read.

Y'all just can't win for losing.:mjlol:

...:ohhh: oh! This is some meta thing where you're spiritually embodying the Series S; by also underperforming compared to your stated capabilities! Ok, I'm wit it :salute:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And almost half of them were functionally agreeing with you. Which you'd know. If you... read.

...:ohhh: oh! This is some meta thing where you're spiritually embodying the Series S; by also underperforming compared to your stated capabilities! Ok, I'm wit it :salute:

:dead:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

I don't need to read anything discussing their indie status when they literally have independent on their Twitter and praise themselves on being independent.

There's literally nothing to discuss

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I don't need to read anything discussing their indie status when they literally have independent on their Twitter and praise themselves on being independent.

There's literally nothing to discuss
Yet you post that on a discussion board.

Fascinating.

The War on Words has now extended into their very definitions.
Folk just want to shout into echo chambers.
News at 11.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Yet you post that on a discussion board.

Fascinating.

The War on Words has now extended into their very definitions.
Folk just want to shout into echo chambers.
News at 11.

Which gives me freedom on how much I wanna engage with people and shockingly, people don't like engaging with purposely disingenuous people. Especially for a pedantic debate about what defined indie when the company itself calls themselves indie, goes to indie showcases, Kickstarters their games, etc.

And highly ironic considering your daps and posts agreeing with you are literally a circlejerk of Sony fanboys, including a known nut.

nikka, you're not owed my attention nor a full response; fukk outta here with this faux-intellectual bullshyt. You sound like those cacs on reddit "well, well, you have to debate me or you're just immediately wrong!"

fukk outta here.