Developer claims ‘many’ studios are asking Xbox to drop mandatory Series S compatibility

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
LMAO mans looked up dudes background to debunk the article

Anyways, here's Digital Foundry saying the same thing. Timestamped:

They don’t say anything about the series S holding any games back. What they said is that devs may not spend the extra time to optimize for the S as the gen goes on.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ok Joe, this was explained before launch, at launch, and after launch.
The Series X and S have the exact same CPU and both of those CPU's are stronger than the PS5's

The GPU which stands for graphic processing unit is not as strong and is only targetying 1440p and then can upscale to 4k like most PS5 games do
IT has less ram so it'll rarely do native 4K but it has done that in a few titles already and this is before the dev kits are equipped to use things like the FSR upgrades that will make it closer to DLSS. When this happens 1440p/120 will be the norm on most future titles.

Now as for the Series S holding back games of this gen, Name the title sir. For 2 days in a row sony stans have created threads that are not Joke threads but purely false information threads. @hex is it OK if I purposely without joking create threads here to fool masses of posters?
So we come to the coli to become miseducated on current gaming affairs?

I'll let you guys continue to create false narratives, got real shyt to discuss...
:stopitslime:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ok Joe, this was explained before launch, at launch, and after launch.
The Series X and S have the exact same CPU and both of those CPU's are stronger than the PS5's

The GPU which stands for graphic processing unit is not as strong and is only targetying 1440p and then can upscale to 4k like most PS5 games do
IT has less ram so it'll rarely do native 4K but it has done that in a few titles already and this is before the dev kits are equipped to use things like the FSR upgrades that will make it closer to DLSS. When this happens 1440p/120 will be the norm on most future titles.

Now as for the Series S holding back games of this gen, Name the title sir. For 2 days in a row sony stans have created threads that are not Joke threads but purely false information threads. @hex is it OK if I purposely without joking create threads here to fool masses of posters?
So we come to the coli to become miseducated on current gaming affairs?

I'll let you guys continue to create false narratives, got real shyt to discuss...
:mjlol:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
They don’t say anything about the series S holding any games back. What they said is that devs may not spend the extra time to optimize for the S as the gen goes on.

That is effectively the Series S holding games back lmao. Developers dont have unlimited time and resources to develop and optimize games.

Thats why youre seeing situations like Dying Light 2 where a 60 FPS patch comes months after release.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That is effectively the Series S holding games back lmao. Developers dont have unlimited time and resources to develop and optimize games.
No. The thought process presented in that video is that they would just neglect the Series S version.
Thats why youre seeing situations like Dying Light 2 where a 60 FPS patch comes months after release.
No, The patch came late on everything. Again if the Series S was the problem the Series S patch would be delayed or it just wouldn’t have a 60fps mode. Which we’ve already seen happen.

And that’s what DF is talking about in that video. They think going forward there will be games that perform bad on series S like they do on switch.

Again has nothing to do with holding anything back.

And that argument is based on a false premise in the first place. If devs have to cut stuff from games to accommodate the Series S, then that would make the Series X and PS5 versions perform BETTER and be EASIER to make, cause they would have lots of extra power for the game. Just like playing backwards compatible games now.

As with everything else with you goofys. All of this is dumb on top of dumb for console wars.

Nasty sony stans always on the move :scust:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Games are still being made with minimum spec for cards that were released over 10 years ago.

Series S will be just fine.
I'm not going back and forth with you. Series S is an anchor. And more and more people will come to realize this. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I'm not going back and forth with you. Series S is an anchor. And more and more people will come to realize this. :manny:
Be wrong and be proven wrong but double down on dumb every time Sony stan brehs :mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stans only play exclusives so this is a non issue for y'all. Xbots don't have games to play so this is a non issue for y'all. PC Lames are still editing config.ini files just to get the game to start so this is a non issue for y'all. Why everybody so aggy?