Developer claims ‘many’ studios are asking Xbox to drop mandatory Series S compatibility

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
They keep trying to tell y'all but y'all keep telling them they don't know what they're talking about. Yet THEY actually develop games, while y'all just pretend to play them. :pachaha:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No games are being shortchanged.

Plenty of hardware much weaker than the series S is still being supported.
Minimum system requirements are a moving target. The ceiling on those will keep rising as the generation goes on. The series S is a fixed spec. It's going to cause problems.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not a fan of the series s, but value wise it seems a decent entry to get the next gen games. Anyways, I think these complaints by devs are true because of course you would want to spend less time optimizing for more hardware, especially for one that is significantly weaker. However, I doubt we would get exclusive series X/PS5 games, but I do worry about what the series s performance will be later in the gen because this is going to be a long one.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I don’t care

It was dumb to release this inferior Xbox

Now you got games being shortchanged because they gotta make them run on the wack weak 1440p shyt :hhh:
Ok Joe, this was explained before launch, at launch, and after launch.
The Series X and S have the exact same CPU and both of those CPU's are stronger than the PS5's

The GPU which stands for graphic processing unit is not as strong and is only targetying 1440p and then can upscale to 4k like most PS5 games do
IT has less ram so it'll rarely do native 4K but it has done that in a few titles already and this is before the dev kits are equipped to use things like the FSR upgrades that will make it closer to DLSS. When this happens 1440p/120 will be the norm on most future titles.

Now as for the Series S holding back games of this gen, Name the title sir. For 2 days in a row sony stans have created threads that are not Joke threads but purely false information threads. @hex is it OK if I purposely without joking create threads here to fool masses of posters?
So we come to the coli to become miseducated on current gaming affairs?

I'll let you guys continue to create false narratives, got real shyt to discuss...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They keep trying to tell y'all but y'all keep telling them they don't know what they're talking about. Yet THEY actually develop games, while y'all just pretend to play them. :pachaha:
“They” don’t develop games tho. These are random twitter people.
Minimum system requirements are a moving target. The ceiling on those will keep rising as the generation goes on. The series S is a fixed spec. It's going to cause problems.
Minimum requirements will not surpass series S