Dev says Xbox Series S is the reason for Gotham Knights and games to still be 30 FPS

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understand why this is a foreign concept for xbox fans, but we're talking about taking advantage of next-gen hardware/engines. :manny:

Y'all let MS mislead you into believing they made world beaters when there are far fewer differences between the PS5/X (power/performance wise) than there were between the PS4/One.

It's why we see some multi titles run at 8k native on the PS5 and below that on the X/S. :francis:

I mean we'll never really know now will we because Sony makes sure of it :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember when everyone claimed they liked it, because it was more "cinematic"

There was a plenty talk of how 60 fps and input delay wasn't a big deal with the xb1x and even more so going into the launch of the series x.

But now..... 30fps:hhh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I understand why this is a foreign concept for xbox fans, but we're talking about taking advantage of next-gen hardware/engines. :manny:

Y'all let MS mislead you into believing they made world beaters when there are far fewer differences between the PS5/X (power/performance wise) than there were between the PS4/One.

It's why we see some multi titles run at 8k native on the PS5 and below that on the X/S. :francis:
all 3 consoles can use SMT, and it does boost performance if used correctly. but a lot of games aren't gonna take advantage of it, especially with so many games still being cross-gen

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
all 3 consoles can use SMT, and it does boost performance if used correctly. but a lot of games aren't gonna take advantage of it, especially with so many games still being cross-gen
More and more games/engines are going to be taking advantage of it as we move away from cross-gen, which is why it matters more as a metric.

I mean we'll never really know now will we because Sony makes sure of it :manny:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
My man said the Series S is a potato though :pachaha:

No surprise who immediately went into defense attorney mode when his overall point is correct and understood by everyone in here no matter which side you're on. Multigenerational console games will under perform due to the minimum supported hardware.

The foundation of the game's code base is the same, it then gets ported to run on its relevant platforms.