Dev says Xbox Series S is the reason for Gotham Knights and games to still be 30 FPS

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
more SKUs = more development work required optimizing different versions of the same game.

Thats the whole argument for cross-gen and it applies to the Series S too.
When you say argument you mean you arguing with strawmen over that.
As already indicated in this thread... many times over :snoop:

I wonder how they do it on PC?
Maybe they will start charging more every time a new spec'd PC comes out.
There's new GPU's and with that I guess they need to raise game prices by $10 as well

THIS IS ACTUAL SONY STAN LOGIC FOR WHY ITS OK ON PS5 :mindblown:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
PS5 got the weakest CPU out the bunch, and then they require 'parity' in multiplats. why are they holding this gen back? :damn:
No it does not. Stop making shyt up. The parity you people keep talking about is bullshyt too. It's going to become more and more apparent that the Series S is an albatross the longer this gen goes.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No it does not. Stop making shyt up. The parity you people keep talking about is bullshyt too. The Series S is an albatross.
I'm not making anything up :manny:

While the Xbox Series S actually has a slightly more powerful CPU than the PS5 Digital Edition, its GPU, RAM and storage are all weaker.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
No it does not. Stop making shyt up. The parity you people keep talking about is bullshyt too. The Series S is an albatross.
So now we're on page 3 and they are STILL LYING :wtf:

Is it just jokes to purposely spread misinformation like this or is it ignorance and stanism at its finest/worst?

With these details coming out because of the acquasitions, its common knowledge now that sony was paying for parity, no game pass clauses/etc.

So a Weaker GPU and forced parity. There guys wouldn't lie about how great their games are tho :stop:
Xbots betta not come in here talking about "oh I wasn't that interested, it's just a niche game and plus it's on gamepass" excuse.

Hold strong. I thugged it out for Knack day 1 on PS4 release so that was an ultimate day 1 L.

Same with Killzone:Trashfall. Two trash games day 1 :mjlol:
I stand corrected :scusthov:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not making anything up :manny:

That's horseshyt.

The PS5 CPU is 8 core, 16 threads 3.5 GHz (SMT)
The XSS CPU is 8c/16t 3.4 GHz (SMT)

That's before you account for the 10% CPU reserved for I/O operations on the XSX/S that isn't there on the PS5. The PS5 has a completely customized I/O complex that removes the need for that burden on the CPU. CPU wise it's a wash compared to XSX, with the PS5 CPU being slightly faster compared to XSS (still negligible). In every other metric, the PS5 blows XSS away. IGN and others are purposely misleading people with this clickbait.

All 3 are comparable.

XSS 8c/16t 3.4GHz (SMT)
PS5 8c/16t 3.5GHz (SMT)
XSX 8c/16t 3.6GHz (SMT)

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
PS5 got the weakest CPU out the bunch, and then they require 'parity' in multiplats. why are they holding this gen back? :damn:

PS5 and XSX are a lot closer to each other in performance than either of them are to the XSS and last gen consoles.

And it's not a random parity clause holding back Xbox. They haven't released any noteworthy games outside FH5.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
PS5 and XSX are a lot closer to each other in performance than either of them are to the XSS and last gen consoles.

And it's not a random parity clause holding back Xbox. They haven't released any noteworthy games outside FH5.
dev's are saying the PS5's CPU is the reason this Batman game is 30fps. my sources wish to remain anonymous though :hubie:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
you're purposely leaving out the non-SMT clock rates
I understand why this is a foreign concept for xbox fans, but we're talking about taking advantage of next-gen hardware/engines. :manny:

Y'all let MS mislead you into believing they made world beaters when there are far fewer differences between the PS5/X (power/performance wise) than there were between the PS4/One.

It's why we see some multi titles run at 8k native on the PS5 and below that on the X/S. :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I understand why this is a foreign concept for xbox fans, but we're talking about taking advantage of next-gen hardware/engines. :manny:

Y'all let MS mislead you into believing they made world beaters when there are far fewer differences between the PS5/X (power/performance wise) than there were between the PS4/One.

It's why we see some multi titles run at 8k native on the PS5 and below that on the X/S. :francis:
Sony stan’s :mjlol: