Dev says Xbox Series S is the reason for Gotham Knights and games to still be 30 FPS

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are other devs/companies who made it work with their games. Is it really that hard to accomplish? I'm willing to bet a patch will be released that will up the frame rate, but I'm not sure when.

Shouldn't they be developing with a top-down approach?

exactly…sounds like a shytty excuse for what’s probably gonna end up being a shytty game anyway

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FfJlIqqWIAUShyv

:unimpressed:

ok…so it’s not the actual game devs…just some random jackass

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There are other devs/companies who made it work with their games. Is it really that hard to accomplish? I'm willing to bet a patch will be released that will up the frame rate, but I'm not sure when.

Shouldn't they be developing with a top-down approach?
If Cyberpunk and Elden ring can run at 60fps on consoles, then no other game really has an excuse not to.

Their game/engine is just poorly optimized for an open world game and always has been.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The funny thing is, if anything it's the opposite and the PS5 version can't do 4k/60 fps with Ray tracing. And sony has a clause that doesn't allow for other versions to be "superior"

:sas2:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I'm going to show you all why posters like Gizmo Duck is bad for the forum. And for the posters who only read headlines, you are preconditioned to only read what I just wrote and not what I'm about to say. Please stop doing that and pay attention...

I've been saying this forever. Series S means "cross gen" will be around all gen. MS pretty much throttled 3rd party development with this system existing. This isn't the first time a developer complained about the Series S either.

We saw how Digital Foundry said Halo Infinite runs better on Xbox One X than Xbox Series S. The only metric the Series S performed better than the One X version was with load times.
Now with the thread title and then the fear mongering when its a flat out lie... how is this good for this forum?
HOw is blatanly lying to deceive YOU, to make you ignorant so you can make an uninformed judgement and possible purchase.
IT goes that far, maybe not intentional but collaterally damaging. So after the truth comes to light...
This sounds like a bullshyt excuse, they're claiming that the limitations of the series s prevents them from offering 60fps due to the multiplayer functions, but it's possible to have people playing multiplayer with different fps.

There's people playing cross play multiplayer on PCs with 120fps against consoles with 60fps.

The fortnite on switch runs at 30fps and can crossplay with consoles running 60fps.

I don't understand the logic.
So the Series S stops the PS5 and Series X from doing 60 fps? The Series S is a piece of shyt but that developer is full of it.
I don't think the Series S is the limiter here, despite the strange HW configuration for it. Guy is talking mierda.
exactly…sounds like a shytty excuse for what’s probably gonna end up being a shytty game anyway
And these are career xbox haters saying this :francis:
The funny thing is, if anything it's the opposite and the PS5 version can't do 4k/60 fps with Ray tracing. And sony has a clause that doesn't allow for other versions to be "superior"

:sas2:

You see how the truth is actually the opposite? They PREACH the opposite and then say its just jokes if you call them out on this :snoop:
Just make the Xbox version capped.. and let everyone else eat
I quoted this guy because he was the last person to post and as you can see he too only reads headlines and gizmo duck post
Like, its been made clear its bullshyt but he still managed to post this.

How is this level of dumbassery, of just unaware of your surroundings, how is this a benefit for this forum?
I'm sohh sincere :dahell:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
more SKUs = more development work required optimizing different versions of the same game.

Thats the whole argument for cross-gen and it applies to the Series S too.
PS5 got the weakest CPU out the bunch, and then they require 'parity' in multiplats. why are they holding this gen back? :damn: