Detroit community activist calls out behavior/mindset that led to mass shooting on 7/7/24

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
*7 minutes long

Not sure of his name, a member from Detroit might be able to tell us. But the Mayor and Police chief just wrapped up a press conference that updated details of the shooting. This gentleman was there and started speaking after the County prosecutor.

There's a thread about the mass shooting, but as is usually the case, there are jokes and smilies in it. Even though two people were killed, and 19 others shot.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Issue will never be fixed that's why I hate commenting on these threads now.
Fixed is a term used in spaces where people talk for a living. In the real world, people take steps to help reduce/lessen the rate that violent incidents occur.
That city had 50+ year low in homicides last year. Directly due to the efforts of the people to reduce violence.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Fixed is a term used in spaces where people talk for a living. In the real world, people take steps to help reduce/lessen the rate that violent incidents occur.
That city had 50+ year low in homicides last year. Directly due to the efforts of the people to reduce violence.
No fixed is used by people who speak English. The issue will never be fixed. I'm well aware crime is down. America is obsessed with guns. The issue will never be fixed.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
When bruh said "We can't depend on the police..." around 3:42 that cops face had me fukking dead :dead:

But he's spitting. This is exactly why I refuse to move back to where I was born and raised because the negros out there making babies with women and leaving them for dead is not where I want my children to be around.

It has been infinitely easier to raise my son in a mostly white neighborhood while instilling racial pride into him than putting him in a dangerous situation. Some of yall will be mad at this but I don't give a fukk, it is what it is.

Black men in these neighborhoods need to step up and do better like he said or else it will be over for good. And I honestly fear we've already reached that point. We're going to reach a point where men like him are going to be too old to carry the torch and he will have no one to pass it to.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
No fixed is used by people who speak English. The issue will never be fixed. I'm well aware crime is down. America is obsessed with guns. The issue will never be fixed.
Most widespread issues will never be “fixed.” Homelessness, wealth inequality, poverty, racism etc., will always exist to some degree. But if you don’t work toward improving the situation it’s going to get worse. So while it may SEEM futile to have conversations about it because you know it’ll never be “fixed,” it’s really not. The key is not having the conversation with a bunch of idiots.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
When bruh said "We can't depend on the police..." around 3:42 that cops face had me fukking dead :dead:

But he's spitting. This is exactly why I refuse to move back to where I was born and raised because the negros out there making babies with women and leaving them for dead is not where I want my children to be around.

It has been infinitely easier to raise my son in a mostly white neighborhood while instilling racial pride into him than putting him in a dangerous situation. Some of yall will be mad at this but I don't give a fukk, it is what it is.

Black men in these neighborhoods need to step up and do better like he said or else it will be over for good. And I honestly fear we've already reached that point. We're going to reach a point where men like him are going to be too old to carry the torch and he will have no one to pass it to.
It's not Black men that's the issue. The root cause is child abuse/neglect, but the culprits are why we'll never address it.

They degrade and abuse those boys from the moment they're born and destroy their pride and self-image. Combine that with the non-stop anti-Black propaganda we now view as "the culture" being made to look like the only way Black men can succeed, and you get the current situation.

They project their own lack of self-love onto every other Black person and don't think our lives have value which is why they're so quick to kill another Black person. But all that happens from constantly tearing down and dehumanizing Black boys/men. We all know who makes these little boys who grow into dysfunctional men have so much self-hatred, but we just let them continue painting themselves as the eternal victim :yeshrug:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps

I feel like you should change the framing of your statement. It’s not the whiteness that makes your current neighborhood better. You could move to a hood or a trailer park full of white people and have similar issues as before or move to a more affluent black neighborhood (if there are any near you) and the situation be just as good. I get what you’re saying, but framing it the way you did implies whiteness in a neighborhood is inherently better. The same way some people do with regard to trusting white vs. black lawyers, doctors, etc.