Detroit: Become Human (Quantic Dream) Out now

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I like all the different endings and possibilities. But too much lazy writing and inconsistencies in the story imo :yeshrug: I feel like some parts were written by a teenager:hubie:

I wonder what will be the future of these kind of games. I'd love it if they merged with more traditional games and produced more titles like the Witcher 3

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I like all the different endings and possibilities. But too much lazy writing and inconsistencies in the story imo :yeshrug: I feel like some parts were written by a teenager:hubie:

I wonder what will be the future of these kind of games. I'd love it if they merged with more traditional games and produced more titles like the Witcher 3
Examples

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

The way the characters talk for one. If you take the old guy in the beginning, he's a prime example of that. Almost every single sentence he pronounces is about androids and humans relationship. That's what his character is here for, I get that, but sadly it's overdone and he becomes a caricature of himself.

"Oh I forgot because I'm a human. Not you though. You don't forget anything because you are a machine.":troll:

Then you heal him : "Thanks. All this work to preserve these weak human bodies. Not you though. Because you are an android.":troll:

"Humans are trash. One day you're going to have to choose what robot destiny you want." :troll:

"Can you paint something for me, a human? Something you've never seen" Sike even humans can't do that :pachaha:

The son: "Why do you prefer this perfect robot to me? :damn:"

Like, aight, I get it. This is not good or subtle writing. In this world you're supposed to be used to androids, but dude talks like it's the first time he ever saw one.

Same with the black robot (why he gotta be the killer btw ) and his lines : "I realized... It was UNFAIR :damn:". How can the concept of fairness hold any value to a program dedicated to obey people?

As far as the inconsistencies, the fact that Hank pulls a gun on a human he works with to protect an android didn't make any sense for example. How aren't there any immediate consequences for that? Even if you did that to protect a human your ass would be instantly fired, but over a machine? And I'm supposed to believe he has something against androids? :stopitslime:

There are other stuff that messed me up, the fact that androids are basically humans in this game was highly unrealistic to me (they don't have basic computer intelligence, have human mimics that make them less efficient which is nonsense too), along with them "breaking off" their program which sound crazy too. Oh and if unemployment reached 35% of the population in the US because of androids? It would be war yesterday already.

Don't want to shyt on the game neither :hubie:but yeah that's some examples.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The way the characters talk for one. If you take the old guy in the beginning, he's a prime example of that. Almost every single sentence he pronounces is about androids and humans relationship. That's what his character is here for, I get that, but sadly it's overdone and he becomes a caricature of himself.

"Oh I forgot because I'm a human. Not you though. You don't forget anything because you are a machine.":troll:

Then you heal him : "Thanks. All this work to preserve these weak human bodies. Not you though. Because you are an android.":troll:

"Humans are trash. One day you're going to have to choose what robot destiny you want." :troll:

"Can you paint something for me, a human? Something you've never seen" Sike even humans can't do that :pachaha:

The son: "Why do you prefer this perfect robot to me? :damn:"

Like, aight, I get it. This is not good or subtle writing. In this world you're supposed to be used to androids, but dude talks like it's the first time he ever saw one.

Same with the black robot (why he gotta be the killer btw ) and his lines : "I realized... It was UNFAIR :damn:". How can the concept of fairness hold any value to a program dedicated to obey people?

As far as the inconsistencies, the fact that Hank pulls a gun on a human he works with to protect an android didn't make any sense for example. How aren't there any immediate consequences for that? Even if you did that to protect a human your ass would be instantly fired, but over a machine? And I'm supposed to believe he has something against androids? :stopitslime:

There are other stuff that messed me up, the fact that androids are basically humans in this game was highly unrealistic to me (they don't have basic computer intelligence, have human mimics that make them less efficient which is nonsense too), along with them "breaking off" their program which sound crazy too. Oh and if unemployment reached 35% of the population in the US because of androids? It would be war yesterday already.

Don't want to shyt on the game neither :hubie:but yeah that's some examples.

You can go a complete shonen hero route with Markus though.
He doesn't kill anyone in the QTE fights or in story if you've been making paragon decisions.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
You can go a complete shonen hero route with Markus though.
He doesn't kill anyone in the QTE fights or in story if you've been making paragon decisions.
I meant the one accused of murdering his owner by stabbing him multiple times

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I meant the one accused of murdering his owner by stabbing him multiple times

You forgot the white android in the first chapter
that went berserk killing a family man, two cops, wounded a few others and can potentially kill his daughter and another cop if you fukk up? All over because he was going to be traded in for a new model. Family didn't even abuse him or try to destroy his ass. :mjgrin: