Desus & Mero on VICELAND

Daps
props to whoever books the guests...but everything else is Subpar....let me, big mel, or art barr host for a week & it gets way higher ratings....these clowns don't act natural......

Daps
u know how when u turn on NPR, everybody sounds white & you can't tell anyone apart...and its all smarmy bland bullsh1t.....comedy's the opposite of that....ur the rowdy kids in the back of the bus.....i know Showtime's giving u notes on how to act, being gay & hipster friendly since that's 90% of ur audience, but u gotta retain some of that realness.....the good comics always find a way to hold on to that....whether its throwing away some of the budget or saying fuk a certain segment of the audience....

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
been seeing rumors of this since like 6 am on twitter. but still no concrete proof:

Desus And Mero’ Fans Are Devastated Over The Rumor That The Comedy Duo May Be Breaking Up​

NINA BRACATWITTERJULY 18, 2022
It’s pretty standard for people to start rumors on Twitter about their favorite couples and/or comedy duos potentially splitting up, but it’s not that often when they actually turn out to be correct. While nothing is confirmed at the moment, it seems like legendary comedy duo Desus and Mero might be going through a rough patch.
Things have been quietly brewing for some time now, and fans have been speculating about the alleged drama between the duo, who have been collaborating on projects, TV shows, and several podcasts, including the mega-popular Bodega Boys, for nearly a decade. The two recently were granted another season of their hit Showtime series, Desus & Mero, but no air date has been announced at this time, or potentially ever. The most recent episode aired just under a month ago.
A Bodega Boys fan-run Instagram account posted screenshots of the two former friends seemingly throwing shade at one another. In June, Desus tweeted, “bodegahive you think I abandoned y’all but the art is coming back. Plz believe in me, I love y’all.” Which seemed to squash any potential beef between the two of them. Then, just a few days ago, Mero took to Reddit with an all-caps response:
NAH IT’S A WRAP BRODY, SOMEBODY MENTIONED DUDE TWEETING THAT FROM SOME COUNTRY AT LIKE 3AM. I TOURED WITH DUDE FOR YEARS HE WAS FUBAR AND IN HIS BAG. PODCAST DONE ENJOY THE BACK CATALOG MY PALS
After screenshots began circulating on Twitter, Desus responded, “I tried ya’ll.”

This seemingly confirmed that things are not all good between the two former collaborators. Just this week they were spotted at the MLB celebrity all-star game together, but fans noticed they hardly interacted, and Desus didn’t congratulate Mero when he scored a run.
Of course, fans began to mourn the broken friendship. Desus cryptically tweeted, “Twitter comes for everyone eventually” in the early hours of Monday morning, seemingly responding to the speculation that the two were done. Fans did not take it well!

Of course, nothing has been confirmed, so the two could very well be hanging out celebrating last night’s Yankees win. Some fans are still believing that the two are just ending the podcast, not their friendship. Now more than ever, it’s important to remember: logging off can be good!

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Man - My guts hurt :sadcam:

Sucks if true. :mjcry:

I followed those dudes from episode #1 of The Bodega Boys podcast, through Viceland to interviewing Obama. Looks like they were doing their own things recently though. Nothing lasts forever :wow: I fux with them so I'll check what they get into next.

#DieForTheHive :to:

Last edited:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
wouldn't surprise me. shyt was rocky for a bit before showtime deal Desus kinda alluded to doing more work than Mero and seemed annoyed by it.

that said i doubt they're breaking up. they've been looking real healthy these past 6 months. banter is on point, they'll be fine. I can definitely see Mero in front of the camera going forward as he's the more personable relatable one of the two while i'm sure desus is going to rake in billions behind the scenes. i see it in the brotha. peace to both them dudes though.