"DESTINY" 2014-15 Chicago Bulls Season Thread

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Noah always hurt :manny: I don't know why the bulls won't sit him until he's 100% then limit his mins you have 3 other bigs

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
As long as Taj is healthy, I think Thibs should give Noah or Gasol some nights off :manny: Depending on who we play. We got enough depth in our front court. I doubt he will tho

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well it's safe to say that Thibs isn't liking the number of 3s Rose is taking so far...
Rose's response? I'm still going to chuck them breh
:smugdraper:

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau shares many words of advice with star guard Derrick Rose on a daily basis, but he’s been using one more than any other as of late.

Thibodeau has stressed for Rose to attack.

“He’s got to attack,” Thibodeau said after practice on Tuesday. “That’s the bottom line. Some teams are going under [picks] and some teams will adjust to a blitz. All I know is when he’s pushing the ball up the floor and attacking, that’s who he is. He can’t defer. He can’t pace himself. He’s got to go. That’s the big thing. He’s got to go.”

Rose established himself in the NBA and won an MVP trophy by attacking. He attempted more shots in the paint than from midrange or from 3-point range during each of his first five NBA seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Rose has now shown a preference for stopping this season. He’s opted to pull up for a 3-pointer 45.5 percent of the time, compared to attempting 40.3 percent of his shots inside the paint through 12 games. It’s the first time in his career he’s averaging more 3-point attempts than interior ones. He’s never attempted more than 28.7 percent of his shots from 3-point range in any previous season. During his 2010-11 MVP season, he shot 47.9 percent of the time from inside the paint and 24.1 percent from 3-point range.

Rose admitted Monday he was aware of his increased 3-point attempts, but didn’t see it as an issue. :snoop:

“I’m taking a lot, but I feel like that’s an easy shot for me, a set shot,” Rose said on Monday. “I’m going to have a game where I’ll string in four or five of them, and it’s just going to help my confidence. I can’t stop taking those shots. They’re shots I normally take in practice, so my teammates know they’re great shots for me. It’s just, I haven’t hit four or five in a game yet.”
:whoa:

Rose’s outside shots have had mixed results this season. He’s made 21 of 70 3-pointers. He’s been especially active from deep in the past five games and has gone 11-of-38 during that span. He’s a career .311 3-point shooter.

Rose also explained his lack of driving has had to do with taking what defenses have been giving him.

“I mean, it’s different,” Rose said. “They’re playing me different. It’s more like, when I’ve got the ball, if I have a pick-and-roll, they’re going to send two people on me up top to pass the ball, or play a contain-type trap where there are people on me and they’re going to make sure someone’s always contesting me at the rim like [Andrew] Bogut was last game. I’ve just got to learn how to score with two people actually being on me whenever I drive and make sure I learn how to get fouled and how to get a good shot up.”

Thibodeau has been patient with Rose as he’s settled back into playing this season coming off multiple injuries. Thibodeau has been taking the same approach with Rose’s attacking.

“It’s going to take time,” Thibodeau said. “We knew that. He’s stringing games together. The last two days in practice, he has been terrific. Those are all great signs. I just want him to keep building, get better day by day. Concentrate on improvement. Don’t overthink it. Get out there and play, attack, be aggressive.

“We talk every day. I’m not going to measure every play. It’s an instinctive game. We have to trust him. But I know when he has played well this year, he’s been in attack mode.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bul...-lacking-attack-in-game?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I knew he had to be draining them in practice or some shyt cuz he keeps chucking up threes.

IT'S. NOT. WORKING. OUT.

How is D. Rose gonna make the 3pt shot his only shot? :wtf:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I want Rose to attack like everyone else does

But if he turns a ankle and has to sit a couple games will the fans be forgiving or will it be more "let's trade rose" talk?

Truth is love jimmy and pau but they not carrying us past great teams. We need rose to be rose to get past those teams. If he not attacking and putting defenses on they heels our offense slows and teams defenses are able to set up on us.

But I'm sorry after the flack rose caught for pulling the hammy and ankle and having to sit, fukk it I can't blame him for scaling back just to stay on the court and stay healthy. It's clear that media back lash had a clear effect on how he playing. Prior to he had games where he would attack often. After that he settled and I can't blame him.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
So basically if he plays like he usually does and stubs his toe and misses another 2-3 weeks wit toe soreness then the fans/media backlash is a problem so instead he jacks 3's at a below 30% clip and won't stop:snoop:

July 1st 2017 can't get here soon enough :camby:

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
I'm really not feeling Thibs trying to force the nikka to attack. Everybody sick of dude constantly jacking up treys but there's a gang of other ways you can score aside from relentlessly attacking the rim. Dude obviously ain't ready for that type of action, so get him some touches in the post, backdoor cuts, catching it off curls, midrange etc.

Majority of this is on Thibs but at the same time Rose gotta be smarter wit the shots he takes cuz what he's doing right now for the birds

Ezra

Daps
Game time
ballin.gif